WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On Wednesday I got my first Tudor. I was due to get the Black Bay Harrods a few weeks ago but there was a problem with the bezel alignment so it has gone back to Rolex. After that disappointment and while waiting for it to come back I was looking around and I saw a video of the Heritage Advisor. I know this is not as popular as other Tudors but I really connected with it.

My first impressions are very positive. I don't think it looks too busy considering its a complicated watch (I think it's the most complicated that Tudor have made). I also like that it isn't seen or talked about much and is a bit different whereas the BBs are almost ubiquitous. It is also a departure for me and makes a change from my dive watches. Its a large watch but not as heavy as you might think with the titanium case (better acoustics for the alarm).

I actually work as an advisor so that connection also made me smile. The ability to set an alarm is very practical for me since I often dont have access to my phone in meetings and its more subtle.

Here is a quick picture
IMG_20191122_131905__01.jpg

·
Registered
107 Posts
On Wednesday I got my first Tudor. I was due to get the Black Bay Harrods a few weeks ago but there was a problem with the bezel alignment so it has gone back to Rolex. After that disappointment I was looking around and I saw a video of the Heritage Advisor. I know is this not a popular watch but I really connected with it.

My first impressions are really positive. I don't think it looks too busy considering its a complicated watch (I think it's the most complicated that Tudor have made). I also like that it isn't seen or talked about much and is a bit different whereas the BBs are almost ubiquitous. It is also a departure for me and makes a change from my dive watches. Its a large watch but not as heavy as you might think with the titanium case (better acoustics for the alarm).

I actually work as an advisor so that connection also made me smile. The ability to set an alarm is very practical for me since I often dont have access to my phone in meetings and its more subtle.

Here is a quick picture
View attachment 14650123
Can others hear the alarm when you're in a meeting?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Wow very cool - I haven’t seen this watch (or actually any other that has an alarm function..) what’s it sound like? I may need to visit YouTube...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats on the pick up OP. I love that watch, just a tad too big for my taste.
Yes I assumed that for me too (7 inch wrist) but when I wen to the AD and tried it in it was surprising - the curved lugs make it sit so well on the wrist, the lighter feel compared to the BB and there was just something about it. In an ideal word I would want it maybe a mm or so less but in practice it doesn’t feel too big and it makes the dial stand out so well. One option might be to go for the black dial variant since that might appear a little smaller.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Looks great! Never seen one in the wild.
Thanks, it was when I saw it in person that I was so smitten. The pictures always make the white dial look fairly sterile but in person it’s much warmer. It has a light bronze satin ish dial and looks different from each angle, playing with the light really well.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can others hear the alarm when you're in a meeting?
Yes others can hear it if sitting near to you - it is not too intrusive or like a digital alarm. It didn’t cut a cross the conversation as I could easily stop it and in one case my colleague just said, “ah yes it’s 11 o’clock you had better go”.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow very cool - I haven’t seen this watch (or actually any other that has an alarm function..) what’s it sound like? I may need to visit YouTube...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are some videos on YouTube that show the sound. In person compared the videos the alarm is a little louder and has a more musical tone. It also vibrates so you feel it as much as hear it. One other really cool feature is that when the alarm power reserve runs out the alarm doesn’t just fade out but stops properly with a definite final note - almost bell like. They used titanium apparently to assist with the acoustics and although it is not super loud it is a pleasing sound to my ear - not jarring at all.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I should have added that it is also running well - very accurate and well within cosc.

One other thing to note about the alarm is that it is not accurate to the second - there is a tolerance of a minute or so I think but as I think someone else said, if you are living your life to the second you are wound up too tight!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is a sharp looking watch. I didn’t even know this model existed until your post!
Thanks, that’s one of the reasons I posted - I only saw it by chance on a video that covered various watches and because it seems to go under the radar I wanted to share my enjoyment of it.

·
Premium Member
23,264 Posts
On Wednesday I got my first Tudor. I was due to get the Black Bay Harrods a few weeks ago but there was a problem with the bezel alignment so it has gone back to Rolex. After that disappointment and while waiting for it to come back I was looking around and I saw a video of the Heritage Advisor. I know this is not as popular as other Tudors but I really connected with it.

My first impressions are very positive. I don't think it looks too busy considering its a complicated watch (I think it's the most complicated that Tudor have made). I also like that it isn't seen or talked about much and is a bit different whereas the BBs are almost ubiquitous. It is also a departure for me and makes a change from my dive watches. Its a large watch but not as heavy as you might think with the titanium case (better acoustics for the alarm).

Cool

Beautiful watch and that alarm function is unique

Shame about your Black Bay Harrods though.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cool

Beautiful watch and that alarm function is unique

Shame about your Black Bay Harrods though.
Yes I have to admit I was gutted about the Black Bay Harrods (also looks so much better in person) but if that hadn’t happened I probably wouldn’t have picked up this beauty. I have been told that the Harrods will be around 6 weeks so hoping I will have it by Christmas. One of the other reasons I was so happy to get this was that as you say the alarm function is unique and it is so different in design to the Black Bays. I guess the Advisor is not quite as strongly masculine but makes up with sophistication.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Wow! You learn something everyday! I didn't even know this model existed! Very nice. I was actually thinking about getting an Orient Seastar GMT but didn't in the end but this Advisor has the same aesthetic and of course would be better in quality. Very nice!

Reactions: Goose 104

·
Premium Member
5,321 Posts
A very striking Tudor. I do like the splash of red against the dial's white background and the placement and size of the day's subdial. Enjoy your Advisor.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
What a stunner. I love that dial. The BB range swamps the rest of Tudors offerings but here's proof that they can produce some fantastic watches. Enjoy it in good health.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts