WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I've always admired the first Frogman but never moved forward with purchasing one 'till I was offered one by a local G-Shock enthusiast. The piece has had a hard life as the crystal has a small scratch and bezel is heavily scared(I am in the process of sourcing a NOS bezel). Despite its age and hard use, it is completely functional as is the green back light bulb and my watchmaker successfully tested it to 10bar/100M. There is something to be said for these vintage screw back G-Shocks and screw back G-Shocks in general. 17 years old, works like new and still water resistant. I have been wearing it proudly since I took possession of it a couple of days ago and plan on wearing it during all activities including diving as it was it was intended.

·
Banned
1,303 Posts
It's very odd that your 200M DW6300 is only good for 100M when your watchmaker tested it. Why only 100M? Is the gasket worn on your watch? Why didn't your DW6300 pass for 200M water resistance? I'm curious to find this out.

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
Most watchmakers just don't have the gear to test it to 200m. 100m is standard when making a pressure test.

Greetings, Sedi :)

·
Banned
1,303 Posts
Most watchmakers just don't have the gear to test it to 200m. 100m is standard when making a pressure test.

Really? I never knew this. I always thought that the gear and machinery that watchmakers use to test the water resistance of a watch is capable of going up to at least a standard depth of 200M.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Sedi, you are correct. The watchmakers tester was only capable of 10bar. I am certain that it would have breezed through a 20bar test had the equipment been present.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Sedi, you are correct. The watchmakers tester was only capable of 10bar. I am certain that it would have breezed through a 20bar test had the equipment been present.
apart from that 10 bar is more than enough, even if you are a hobby diver.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Glad to see that a nice 6300-1A can find a good home. Congrats!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts