Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Junghans Max Bill

Votes: 8 53.3%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello! I am looking for my first watch... have been here for awhile and learned a lot but still feel like I need a bit of help. I am looking for vintage style watch desirable with domed crystal. My budget about 750 EUR ~ 1000 $. So far I am between Junghans Max Bill and Longines Conquest Heritage. I like both so could you please comment on the build quality and nuances of these pieces? Longines used to be very respected brand but for exmple Tissot Le Locle I bought for my brother came in poor packaging and looks like the brand concentrates very much on China market. Do you think Longines is being affected under Swatch group the same way? Also what about the movements? Does Junghans use exactly the same ETA movements or are there some differences in the same calibre lets say Tissot Longines and Junghans movements? I am thankful for any info and if you have other alternative in your mind please feel free to share... ;-)

Conquest Heritage L1.611.4.75.2

Max Bill Nr. 027/3500.00

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
First watch...Longines. Has the quality and dependability,Longines carries the name of a quality brand too.

Reactions: Black8ball

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
This one is truly a coin flip.

-hayday

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Longines is and has always been a respected brand...no doubt about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Black8ball

·
Registered
296 Posts
I saw the word vintage and couldn't help but think Omega Speedmaster 3510.50
especially at your price point for just a bit more.

Of course no thread is complete without a ''Speedy Pro'' recommendation... :-d
I choose Max Bill, I don't like the date layout of the Longines.

Cheers, Dan

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Of course no thread is complete without a ''Speedy Pro'' recommendation... :-d
I choose Max Bill, I don't like the date layout of the Longines.

Cheers, Dan
It's not actually a Speedy Pro--it's a Speedy "reduced." These subdials are pushed to the edge of the dial compared with the more tightly clustered dials on the Speedy Pro. For that reason I'm not a fan of the reduced version.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Longines is and has always been a respected brand...no doubt about that.
Used to be one of pioneers... would like to think that they still has quality for the value... but nowadays most of middle and low end swiss brands seem to concentrate too much on mass production and marketing events... Is Longines the same storry?

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Used to be one of pioneers... would like to think that they still has quality for the value... but nowadays most of middle and low end swiss brands seem to concentrate too much on mass production and marketing events... Is Longines the same storry?
They aren't up there where they once were but Swatch is trying to maintain a price niche for each brand, having them compete with Omega would be counterproductive. I think they've done a nice job of styling the brand though and the quality is good so I wouldn't steer clear of the brand at all.
Still, that Max Bill is a great looking watch, I prefer sapphire but maintaning plexiglass isn't that hard.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I was in the exact same boat? With nearly identical criteria, and landed on the max bill. The dial really caught my eye /every/ time I happened by it online, and for me that was the key.

Plus it has a gorgeous domed crystal to attract even more attention to the dial.

So awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
415 Posts
My first Vintage is $1K, too. Vintage Omega Constellation or Seamaster is you can choose in your budget. But it's little small.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk. Sorry. My dirty English is Google Translate.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts