WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife recently bought me a beautiful Le Locle automatic Tissot watch as an anniversary gift. However, I have never owned a mechanical watch before and there was absolutely no user manual in the packaging materials and I didn't find much information on the Tissot web site about how to care for an automatic watch.

At this moment, the watch is not running and I'm not sure if it is because of something I am doing wrong (supposed to be doing).

1.) Am I supposed to be winding this watch daily? I have been wearing it every waking hour.

2.) How do I get the watch running once it stops?

Thanks for any help,
Bryan

·
Registered
448 Posts
If you got the typical tissot packaging, open up the box. There is the pillow in the center where the watch rests. To each side is a sort of shelf type thing, those open up. There is documentation, including a mini-manual inside. If you really cant find it for some reason, let me know and I can try and take some quick pictures to help you out.

For me, if I wear my Le Locle for about 8 hours, it runs through to the next morning no problem. It seems to have about 40 hour power reserve total, though I have never accurately timed it.

I typically wind it until I feel a decent amount of resistance, (subjective, I know), every night before I go to sleep just because I like to keep it at full reserve.

To get it going again once it stops, I just wind it and then tilt the watch a bit so that the rotor moves. The watch starts ticking away immediately, even with just a single revolution of the crown. I would just wind it a few more times anyway though.

I think I may have rambled a bit there? If something I said doesnt make sense, just let me know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow! Thanks for the quick response. I'm embarrassed I missed those side compartments with the documentation. I have them in my hands now :-!

Also, thanks for the tip about getting the rotor moving to get the watch moving. That was the trick! You can't overwind, correct? :oops:

·
Registered
448 Posts
No problem. Those compartments are easy to miss, so no need to feel embarrassed. Correct; you cannot overwind. That said, I stop winding when I feel a "decent" amount of resistance anyway. I think it takes about 30-35 full revolutions to get there from a full stop, but that is just off the top of my head.

Glad everything is working now. Happy to be of help!

Enjoy the Le Locle and post some pictures okay? :D

·
5,110 Posts
Looks like Mace got you fixed up. Just a note on wearing/winding the watch. Sometimes when I work at my terminal, there's just not very much wrist action and the rotor doesn't spin enough to fully wind the watch. If I take it off at night it might run down. I usually give the watches a quick hand-wind daily just to make sure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Didn't get the entire watch to focus correctly, but you've probably seen a ton of these anyway :)

Thanks again for the quick and helpful replies. Looks like a fantastic watch forum!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hooray! Great photos.

That is the same model I have, except mine is on the black leather strap. :D

·
5,110 Posts
Very nice photos of a beautiful watch. :-!

Enjoy it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Congrats on the beautiful watch. Thanks for the photos - I've never seen the caseback of this model and I must say it's looks great.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, I've been having some more problems with my watch. I've been wearing it daily and also winding it (just a couple twists) about 3 or 4 times a day.

Last night, about an hour or so after I'd wound the crown with a few twists, the watch stopped again while I was wearing it. That is the 4th time the watch has stopped in about a month. The first couple times I had trouble getting it going again and this is what prompted my first post on the subject. I thought I'd found the key when strongmace informed me that I had to move the watch around to get the momentum going.

This time, I really couldn't get it going again. I wound it some more and twisted it around to get the gold colored weight to flip around (in both directions) but the watch wouldn't start.

When I woke this morning I tried several more times to get the watch started but didn't have any success. I left it sitting on my dresser. Later, I went to check on it again and I noticed the seconds hand had moved about 10 second forward. This time, I simply picked up the watch and it began running again.

Something is wrong here, correct?

·
Registered
18,166 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts