WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I've just purchased my first watch winder to house my Seiko SRP777 and Longines HydroConquest when not in use, it has 4 Bi-directional programs to alternate between clockwise and anti-clockwise but not sure what setting id need to use.

Would I start off with one of the lower TPD settings and move up gradually or jump straight to the highest TPD setting. Sorry if this seems like a silly question but I don’t want to cause (if possible) and damage to the movement by using the incorrect one.

Very much appreciate your responses J

Pete

·
Registered
749 Posts
There is a database of winding direction you can look yours up in. Seiko is either direction. Start at the lowest. It'll probably be all you need.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Do your watch wander specs state how many rotations are the actual settings, respectively? It might be easier to determine if you need anything more than the lowest setting, without experimenting. Anyway, if the watch eventually stops while on the winder, turn it up, that's about it.

Like previously said, Seiko autos are bidirectional, it would be beneficial to them to rotate them both ways. For unidirectional watches, you'll need to set them up properly in order to get any winding action.

·
Registered
698 Posts
What is the brand and model for interest

1 - 5 of 5 Posts