WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, I’m new in the Forum even though I have been reading since a long time ago.
I’m a wristwatch-addicted guy, with a big passion for Casio since when I was a boy (unfortunately many years ago) and particularly for the G-Shock and Pro Trek families.
At the moment I got a GW-M5600, a DW-9052 a G-9100 and a PRW-2500. Love them all !!!

I recently moved to the States to face a new adventure and see if I can live the American dream… as soon as I arrived, I decided to celebrate my new life with a new watch and, of course, my choice was for a new G-Shock so, all above said, here it is: the well-known GW-5000-1JF.

Amazing!!!

Well, I know that it’s a “copy” of my M5600, but I always liked the black/grey dial external frame which, in my opinion, gives the watch a more universal look, instead of the red box and the colored tags of the M5600.
I didn’t buy it before because of the cost but now I think that the time has come and my new adventure deserves at least a small gift ;-)

It comes from Japan (I hope my new Country will forgive me for this) and I just received it… it’s so nice to receive a package like this!
Well, no more words and see some pics.

I’m so proud of my new purchase!!!

Thank you guys for your time, I hope to have fun in the Forum and to meet a lot a crazy-for-watches guys like me… I think I’m in the right place :)

20130418_172804.jpg 20130418_172907.jpg 20130418_201846.jpg

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Welcome to the forum and great gift to yourself! I hope you are having a great adventure! :cool:

sent with aloha

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Nice watch.

Nice tagline, too. :-!

Reactions: mb-eng

·
Registered
100 Posts
Welcome! The GW-5000 has been on my list for a while. I'm thinking about giving my GW-5610 to my dad as a gift, so that I can get the GW-5000 for myself!

·
Registered
691 Posts
You will LOVE it!

I got mine a few weeks ago. It knocked my Marathon GSAR out of the rotation for a while and has replaced it as my "go to" work watch. (for now) ;-)

Welcome to the U.S. and to WUS!

Reactions: mb-eng and riffraff

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you very much, guys, it's a pleasure to share my satisfaction with you!!!
I think the GW-5000 will definitely replace the M5600 as my preferred watch :)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Welcome!
I just started myself not long ago too.
And GW5000 has been on my list to purchase.
But frogman are distracting me at the moment xD
Enjoy the watch. It's a stunning G-Shock.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
I just bought the 5610 for my first G Shock and am already looking at the 5000. It just has the look I want, not to mention the case but I wanted to test the water. If I keep seeing threads like this I may end up with end sooner than I thought.
Enjoy the 5000!

Here's my 3 day old. 😊

·
Registered
20,580 Posts
Congrats |>

Reactions: mb-eng

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just bought the 5610 for my first G Shock and am already looking at the 5000. It just has the look I want, not to mention the case but I wanted to test the water. If I keep seeing threads like this I may end up with end sooner than I thought.
Enjoy the 5000!

Here's my 3 day old. 

You cannot resist the power of GW-5000 :D

·
Registered
Unabashed Casio G-Shock fanboy
8,352 Posts
Welcome to WuS! The GW-5000 is my first G-Shock and I've been so far pleasantly surprised. It's currently competing for wrist time with my mechanicals. This watch might be the watch I'd keep if I had to keep only one.

Enjoy yours and enjoy your time here.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
The GW-5000 is my first G-Shock and I've been so far pleasantly surprised. It's currently competing for wrist time with my mechanicals. This watch might be the watch I'd keep if I had to keep only one.
Glad to hear you're enjoying yours, true words my friend.. I can flip almost everything except the GW5000 and if I had to keep one watch and one watch only that would be it!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts