WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I think I (the wife actually:-d) did ok.

C40F4F91-1B59-448E-A6DB-63DC63E43613.jpeg
I had to replace the yellowed plastic crystal and sadly the only glass one I had that fit was somewhat scratched.

0FAAB4E1-79A2-465C-BA10-EDF6E5A10C2B.jpeg
I’m finding it a bit of a challenge to locate information on the movement. It is the first chronograph I have serviced and it all went better than anticipated except for a mainspring that wouldn’t cooperate.

403210F6-4622-4DB4-B453-9FDA3804FB61.jpeg
I am unsure whether or not it’s the original case. The serial numbers do not match but it is a Zenith case none the less, I’m not bothered either way.

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
17,982 Posts
Congratulations - that looks like a fine watch. The movement is Zenith's standard chronograph movement of the early 20th century, apparently developed for them by Le Phare when they had some shares in them (Zenith in Le Phare, not the other way round). Their other complication, the alarm movement, was also put into wrist watches but this one here, I have never seen in a wrist watch.

Hartmut Richter

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
17,982 Posts
Members SilkeN and sempervivens would be the better ones to answer that. If the movement serial number is anything to go by, it should be from 1914, but the more complicated Zenith movements frequently follow their own rules in that respect.

Hartmut Richter

·
Premium Member
12,939 Posts
great purchase and enjoy it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts