1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
That's an impressive collection, both in its size and its variety.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From upper left:

1. Zodiac Renegade
2. L & P Chronograph
3. Wenger Pilot
4. Thirty Two Degrees Diver
5. Citizen Eco Drive Moonphase
6. Sector 190
7. Citizen Cal 8700 Diver
8. Swiss Military Diver
9. ESQ Crestone Cronograph
10. Traser 6500 Sterile Dial
11. Tissot T-touch
12. ACCUTRON Brackenridge

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
Here's mine.

·
Affordables Moderator
17,578 Posts
Too many to list :-d though I have a couple of the same as you. This is my current favorite as it just arrived this past week:

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
A little out-dated photo but here are my two.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Depends....right now it's this one

but usually I like these two alot as grabbers

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
'Nother Luminox.... Nice quality, nice to grab and go if I'm on the run and brushed finish and leather strap make it ideal for less than ideal conditions...

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
I can't get enough of this one right now:

·
Registered
531 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
A nice thing about quartz is that you don't need to worry about setting date and time. Of course that has its charms and I like my mechanical watches, but there's nothing wrong with quartz.

I like this Seiko a lot.

This Citizen is a watch I'll probably don't have to worry about for a long time. I used to wear a G-Shock on outdoor activities, but for some reason this watch has taken the nr. 1 position in the list of watches for outdoor. For work and everyday wearing I have it on a leather strap, but for outdoors I put it on its original rubber strap.

The Wenger Alpine Diver is great too. It is very good readable in low light conditions, but unfortunately when it gets dark, the lume isn't as good as on a Seiko or Citizen.

·
Banned
698 Posts
Very nice collection of quartz pieces! The only one I'd caution about is the Hanowa Swiss Military. I had the exact same model, only with a green bezel. I loved it and thought it was one of the most sturdy watches I owned. Then one day I went to change the battery and found the movement isn't secure whatsoever inside the case. Once you have it open, just enough pressure to move the old battery out can move the entire assembly, smashing the markers into the side of the case. After hours with some superglue and extremely sharp tweezers, I had everything back in place. However, I can't bring myself to wear it or even keep it in my collection- it just reminds me of the frustration it caused. Not to rant- just saying, might want to take that piece to the mall and let them break it. :-d

Don't have many interesting quartz pieces myself, but here are a few of the fun ones:

The Swatch "Blackboard" was made in 1994- I remember seeing a kid in school with one and being jealous. 16 years later I tracked down a NIB piece. The 666 "Under Pressure" is designed after- just as it sounds and looks- a pressure gauge. Only the second-hand ticks around the dial once per minute. The hour and minutes are read in the LED screen.

Tissot definitely has their stuff together with their chronographs. Compared to my more expensive Victorinox and Lum-Tec chronographs, the PRC just edges them out based on the buttery-smooth movements.

G-shocks are always fun, but most fly under the radar. People ask when you have what looks like a nice watch with the color of a McDonald's toy on your wrist.

The pewter-blue is the icing on the cake with the dressy and classic look for the VSA. The chrono feature is understated enough to make this a nice watch for the office.

Just gotta love the color. The leather is top-notch, but it may look even better on the bracelet (which feels like it belongs on something 3x the cost)- I swap every couple rotations.

Last but not least, the best $45 I've ever paid for a brand new watch from a retailer. It looks like a Submariner from across the room, and can light your path as an improvised flashlight. Just don't look into the LED's too long b-)

·
Registered
1,728 Posts

Tissot definitely has their stuff together with their chronographs. Compared to my more expensive Victorinox and Lum-Tec chronographs, the PRC just edges them out based on the buttery-smooth movements.
I think PRC is definitely one of the most popular affordable chronograph-quartz Tissot watches. I love mine too. Bought it in 2004 and still wear today as my grab and go fun quartz. Simply classic.

·
5,151 Posts
This Kinetic has become my daily wearer:

These two are my knock about/bedtime watches. Tritium lume on the Victorinox is great at night, as is the Timex' Indiglo. Aluminum case on the Timex.

Victorinox pic by Marc Vernon

·
Registered
968 Posts
This Citizen is a watch I'll probably don't have to worry about for a long time. I used to wear a G-Shock on outdoor activities, but for some reason this watch has taken the nr. 1 position in the list of watches for outdoor. For work and everyday wearing I have it on a leather strap, but for outdoors I put it on its original rubber strap.

Is there a similar model of Citizen in bracelet?

Thanks,

·
5,151 Posts

The pewter-blue is the icing on the cake with the dressy and classic look for the VSA. The chrono feature is understated enough to make this a nice watch for the office.
What's the model number on this one? I might just have to track one down.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts