WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were sparring today for Phsical Training (PT). I had forgotten to take off my G. When I blocked a front kick, my G somehow caught the back of the other guys heel and cut him:oops: . He was bleading for about 45 minutes. This brings up the question How many of you have ever had your G cause an injury? There may be dangerous watches out there:-X . Batman may say it was protecting me but I am not sure. :-D Just kidding Batman all in good fun.

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,595 Posts
Hi Stan,

Sounds liek ouch... I know one of the riders of the G-Shock Skateboard team once broke his wrist because he fell on his G-Shock. I personally have even been injured or injured someone else with my watch (and I hope to keep it that way). But is it allowed to wear jewellery during sparring. I did some fight sports in the past and always removed my watch before training.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Hi Sjors,

I remember reading somewhere that the 13th watch in your collection (DW-6700?); you were wearing while biking. And you got into a serious bike accident? Now you never wear that watch again? Or I could be mistaken.

Anyways, I have a brand new Citizen Titanium Eco-Zilla that I wore for the first time out; and someone backed into the side of my wife's car. :-X I haven't worn that watch out again, and will probably end up selling it. :-(

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,595 Posts
Hi Derek,

You are right, although I didn't hurt anyone with that watch (DW-6600), or was I hurt physicly due wearing that, it was a strange coincidnece that it was my 13th watch and I wore it for about 13 minutes (I put it on my wrist when leaving home, the place was about 10 minutes from my house, but it takes a few minutes to get my bike from out of the shed and lock the doors... Although I'm not very supersticious, I never worn that watch again!

It seems your feelings about the Eco-Zilla are about the same.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
287 Posts
A friend of mine always use to punch at me for fun, instinctively I would block and my DW-003S would take the blow. He hurt his hand a couple times doing that.

·
Registered
357 Posts
We were sparring today for Phsical Training (PT). I had forgotten to take off my G. When I blocked a front kick, my G somehow caught the back of the other guys heel and cut him:oops: . He was bleading for about 45 minutes. This brings up the question How many of you have ever had your G cause an injury? There may be dangerous watches out there:-X . Batman may say it was protecting me but I am not sure. :-D Just kidding Batman all in good fun.
Well now that you mention it, a G can be useful as a shield in an emergency situation;-)

·
Banned
324 Posts
Hi Sjors,

I remember reading somewhere that the 13th watch in your collection (DW-6700?); you were wearing while biking. And you got into a serious bike accident? Now you never wear that watch again? Or I could be mistaken.

Anyways, I have a brand new Citizen Titanium Eco-Zilla that I wore for the first time out; and someone backed into the side of my wife's car. :-X I haven't worn that watch out again, and will probably end up selling it. :-(
The DW 6600

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sjors

Your right we are not supposed to wear waches but I forgot to take it off and nobody noticed. I will be sure to take it off next time. This sparring is not something we do on a regular basis. It is once every few months or so. Thanks all for the comments.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Greetings Stan2323,
This is the kind of story that would have made the "testimonials" section of the older flash G-shock site! The important thing is...the watch is okay;-) :-D
:-D I would have loved to had pictures to post but there was no blood on the watch and nobody had a cell phone camera there to take them.:think:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.