WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10,084 Posts
Nice collection, interesting range of models. (y) Thing is, it's only ever going to get bigger, too! ;)

·
Registered
932 Posts
Hello Guys/Gals,

My name is Dan and I've been around WUS for a bunch of years. I've been mainly a mechanical watch guy for most of my collecting days. Check out my sig for a few of the mechanicals. I've also had a few digital pieces here and there with 2 G-Shocks that I got as gifts but honestly they didn't get much wrist time. That all changed in October of this year. After picking up a G-Shock brochure for my son I decided to look at it and my eyes locked onto a Mudmaster GGB100-1A9. It was big, orange, completely opposite of everything I typically wear and yet I was absolutely in love. I wound up finding one in my local Macy's and the cashier said it was $191 and I could get an additional 25% off if I signed up for the Macy's AMEX. I did so and it wound up coming out to $150ish bucks which I though was a steal. Now onto some pics...

Here's a pic of the GGB100-1A9 .

Initially I thought "This is all I need. One G-Shock is enough..." Yeah, we ALL know that wasn't going to last..

So next up was this guy I snagged on Amazon for $39.. In the year end post I screwed up and said I wore the GWG most but this watch is the one I should've posted. It's so light that I've actually slept with it guy on..

DW-5600E

At this point I've been spending way too much time on here, YouTube and various G-Shock fan sites and then I got bit by a toad.. The Borneo Rainbow Toad that is...

GWFA-1000-BRT1

Next I found a good deal from a member here. We worked out a trade and I ended up with this beauty..

GWG-1000-1ADR (I have a new front case/bezel for this one waiting to be installed. I also purchased a green strap from a fellow WUS member that has yet to arrive. USPS delays suck!)

Next up was one I became interested because a real life buddy also member on here is also a G-Shock fanatic with a very very solid collection told me about it with a warning that its freakin huge.. You might've guessed but I'm talking about the one and only RangeBEAST...

GBR-P1000

From there we get to a sort of controversial watch. Before I post a pic of it I just wanted to say that I get the Hodinkee hate. I used to be a big fan and follower of the site but it went away from what I felt was the normal dude looking into the high end watch world to a site that catered specifically to very wealthy people. But I guess thats a completely different convo. I get that but not sure why I saw so much hate against Mayer. He's as legit of a watch guy as there is and a huge G-Shock fan himself. I remember seeing pics of him wearing various G's many years ago all the way through to today. Anyway enough talking lets look at it.

DW6900JM20-8CR

Last but not least is the current favorite from my modest collection. This was a watch that I first saw in G-Shock Soho in October/November and although I loved it.. I was still in the "I only need one G-Shock" mode.. Laughable isn't it.. I'm going to take some time and do an entire thread on this watch because the details are just so damn good.

GWF-1035F 35th Anniversary 25th Frogman Anniversary

Check out the frog when the backlight is on..

So that concludes my G-Shock Journey.. wait.. almost...

Also somewhere between the Mayer and Rangebeast I also picked up another Borneo Rainbow Toad..

And I also forgot about the G I've had since around 2011ish??

I also have another White Mudman from around 2011 too that is def bootleg. My dad found it at a flea market in Puerto Rico and sent it to me. I believe he paid $20 or so and when he called he said "I'm not sure its real or not but for $20 who gives a $%^!" haha

Now that really brings you up to date on my G-Shock Journey and the current State of The Collection.. I have another couple watches on my radar but still need to unload a few pieces I'm not wearing to fund those purchases.

Take care everyone and let me know what you think!!

Best,

Dan
Nice (y)
You put your finger in the Nutella jar

Next steps : Pro Trek, Oceanus, Edifice, Linéage ... 😁

:coffee:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Nice collection! You have some wonderful heavy hitters! I think any of us would be glad to call that our collection. Have fun with it! Take care
I'm enjoying them all at the moment. I have to delete WatchRecon from my phone so I can limit the temptations to add more pieces.. not likely to happen but whatever haha

Hello Dan, My name is Guarionex and I also have an addiction to G-Shocks and not afraid to tell my Watch Snob Buddies... I know exactly what your feeling and going thru. Just remember you're not alone in this struggle and the only way its going to ever get better is by allowing your self to just buy more G-shocks.....
Hello Guarionex... I can officially say that yes I'm an addict.. I'm thinking a GW-S5600-1JF will scratch the itching I'm currently having...

Nice collection, interesting range of models. (y) Thing is, it's only ever going to get bigger, too! ;)
I like a little variety and G-Shock has so many models and I want to experience them allllll!!!!!

Have you ever heard the one about when A HiggsBoson walks into a church.....

Awesome solid collection.

2 Toads? U're sick bro
You can never have too many frogs bro.

Nice (y)
You put your finger in the Nutella jar

Next steps : Pro Trek, Oceanus, Edifice, Linéage ... 😁
:coffee:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Fantastic assortment of pieces with a great variety. I love the Borneo Toad. You may have moved beyond a G-Shock "collection" and into a G-Shock "habit"!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts