WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the Glycine incursore 46mm (Eta 6497-2) month ago and I noticed that the accuracy have decreased with time :(

At first the watch was around -12s/day now it's around 20s/day.

I do not want to part with the watch, cause I love it (and I don't know any good service in my city), shuld I be worried about the accuracy ?

Is there any chance that the accuracy will improve ?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Make sure you fully wind the watch every morning. Don't count the number of turns of the crown, just wind it until you can't wind it any further.

When you sent the watch down at night, set it dial up. It should run a little faster in that position. If you want it to run a bit slower, set it down crown up.

Assuming that the regulator arm isn't already pushed to the fast side, it's trivial to move it a bit to get it to run faster. Any watchmaker should be able to do that for you for very little cost. However, do wear the watch for a while and set it down dial up to make sure it's really running that slow.

If after all this it really does run 20 seconds slow/day it's possible that it's time for a service. All mechanical watches will need a service every few years, perhaps every five or so. Some will always have their watches serviced every so many years, while others (myself included) only have a watch serviced when I notice something wrong with it. I have too many watches so any given watch may only be worn a few weeks or months during the year.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Make sure you fully wind the watch every morning. Don't count the number of turns of the crown, just wind it until you can't wind it any further
Yup I do that every morning.

When you sent the watch down at night, set it dial up. It should run a little faster in that position. If you want it to run a bit slower, set it down crown up.
To be honest I don't like to take off the watch to sleep :) It might be weird to you but I like it that way :)

My first thought was: is this a new or used watch?
The watch was brand new bough from exclusive PL dealer.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Nothing weird about wearing a watch 24/7 - I do that often as well ;-)

How are you checking the time? Are you using a radio controlled clock or someplace like time.gov? Also, check the time every 24 hours or so (say in the morning or right before you go to sleep) as there can be differences during the day depending on your movements or how wound the watch is.

It has been my experience that my Glycines keep good time, and are usually accurate right out of the box for a new watch. I'm wearing a brand new, week old automatic Incursore that's around +1 sec/day.

Does yours have a display back? If so, can you see the position of the regulator arm? Is it more or less in the middle position or is it moved all the way to one side?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How are you checking the time? Are you using a radio controlled clock or someplace like time.gov? Also, check the time every 24 hours or so (say in the morning or right before you go to sleep) as there can be differences during the day depending on your movements or how wound the watch is.
I use this website:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

I didn't check its reliability, I assumed it's accurate ;)

Does yours have a display back? If so, can you see the position of the regulator arm? Is it more or less in the middle position or is it moved all the way to one side?
Yes, the back is display and the regulator arm is almost in the middle (around 60-70% more to the right)

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Does it lose 20 sec per day consistently? If so, it can probably be easily regulated, I brought a watch to a local watchmaker nearby and he put it on the timer and adjusted it in a few minutes and charged me $10.00 and it's run fine ever since.

Although I will say that most of my Glycines run very accurate right out of the box. But, if it's a consistent -20 seconds, you should have no problem making it run better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts