WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
Been after this watch for a long time and finally managed to get a hold of one. It's not a Doxa but when you see it you'll realise its not too far away.
I've got a black Whiteshark and an Orange 300T reissue so something that combines the two??

It's a Glycine Airman SST 06 or more commonly known as a Pumpkin. Originally out in the 60's but nearly impossible to get an original. This one is the 24hr 'purist'. Here's a couple more pics and thanks for looking.
Cheers
Alasdair

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
That is one great looking watch, and I think it goes nice with the Doxas. The hands on that watch look GREAT!!!!

·
Registered
843 Posts
Re: here's my original version...

yes runs well...but a "spa" treatment would work wonders...
regards
Mark

·
Registered
493 Posts
I just purchased my first Glycine and I must say they are fantastic watches. I would rate them slightly below Kobold. That is an awesome watch. Where on earth did you find it?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Beautiful watch.
A local guy who services some watches for me here in Sydney is an AD for Glycine and had one there when I last dropped in - looked great in the flesh.
I was tempted, but had other targets at the time.
One day...
Great pick-up:-!

Cheers

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
What a beautiful watch. What year was it made?

Joe

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just purchased my first Glycine and I must say they are fantastic watches. I would rate them slightly below Kobold. That is an awesome watch. Where on earth did you find it?
Got it from the moderator on the Glycine forum as he has a great collection. Spotted it one day in one of the Saturday watches type threads and waited for it ever since.
What a beautiful watch. What year was it made?

Joe
Think it was a 2006 watch.
Alasdair

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Alastair,

You piqued my curiosity and I visited the Glycine website. I guess Doxa isn't the only manufacturer doing reissues. Like Doxa the reissue Pumpkin is a technically better watch. what's really got me interested is the orange faced one with the dark bezel and the black one. Jeepers isn't Doxaholism bad enough:-d:-d:-d:-d. I really love that retro look.

Joe

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alastair,

You piqued my curiosity and I visited the Glycine website. I guess Doxa isn't the only manufacturer doing reissues. Like Doxa the reissue Pumpkin is a technically better watch. what's really got me interested is the orange faced one with the dark bezel and the black one. Jeepers isn't Doxaholism bad enough:-d:-d:-d:-d. I really love that retro look.

Joe
Yep - they are great watches. The one that I have is the only actual reissue of the Pumpkin as the black/grey dial with the orange chapter ring is the original colours from the 60's. The other colours are just an expansion of the range for sales. Still look really good though. The original plain airmans from the 60's were black dial/silver bezel.
It is a lovely watch to wear and everything about it just has that little touch of class.
Has always been my only real grail (original or reissue) and I'm really pleased that it has not disappointed me in any way since I got it.
Cheers
Alasdair
Another pic

and the back

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Love the D-24 and one I may get in the future to go with my Pumpkin.:-!
Alasdair

1 - 14 of 14 Posts