WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Waiting for me when I got home today was my grail, the 25th anniversary 5525!

This is a special edition special edition one, it's the 5525 DFNJ!
Not familiar with that model? Well let me enlighten you!

The 5525 DFNJ comes from the fragrant shores of New Jersey and it's previous very careful Owner was none other than our dear Friend Doug, he of the ocean gray/5600 project, our resident cinematographer!

Yes, the cat is out of the bag! Doug flipped his 5525 and I was the very lucky recipient!

Before I go on to extol the virtues of the watch I want to say something about Doug and the transaction.

If you ever are looking for a watch and it happens that Doug is selling the model you want then with no hesitation buy it from him!

This is the best experience I have had of buying a watch, the care and detail of packaging( a huge box with what can only be described as mini air bags surrounded the box containing the tin with the watch in! I don't think I have been handled as well as the way this watch has on a journey!
Now to the watch. This watch is absolutely brand new, everything and I mean everything came with the watch including the store receipts!
A big thank you to Doug, he has honor and integrity and was a pleasure to deal with.
A great deal has been written about this model, all I can say is until you see it in the flesh you cannot fully appreciate the completeness of it's design. I was expecting from the pictures I have seen for the watch to be a hard shiny type finish when in fact it is like hard matt rubber, I love the way the buttons work, the display is the clearest I have ever seen and the colour of the display I can only describe as beautiful!
To sum up, I had high expectations of this watch, it easily surpassed them!
Doug, a great big thank you, you have made my day mate!
Please excuse the crappy shots, my camera is caput so I am using my built in web came till I get a new one!. Oh and excuse the ugly mug behind the watch!:-d

·
Registered
657 Posts
Its always a great feeling when your grail arrives. Its a great looking watch and I hope you enjoy it. So whats your next grail??

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Well done. Great to see such respect within the WUS G-Shock community. Congrats on your new watch and wear it in great spirits! :-!

·
7,877 Posts
Excellent, I am so happy that came as fast as it did. I wasn't wearing it, and knew it would go to a good home up in Canada to someone that would appreciate it more than me, and it definitely couldn't had gone to a better home than Ian's. I shipped Global Priority, Thursday was it Ian? Less than a week to Canada must be a record :-!

Thank you for the extremely kind words Ian, I really appreciate it, and I am so happy you enjoy the watch as much as I knew you would.

Did you get an Atomic synch yet?

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Guys, I am loving this watch, Mansrow, I guess it was not hard to guess, as to my next grail, hmm, not sure as this really was a grail, nothing is quite like it as far as that is concerned!

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Excellent, I am so happy that came as fast as it did. I wasn't wearing it, and knew it would go to a good home up in Canada to someone that would appreciate it more than me, and it definitely couldn't had gone to a better home than Ian's. I shipped Global Priority, Thursday was it Ian? Less than a week to Canada must be a record :-!

Thank you for the extremely kind words Ian, I really appreciate it, and I am so happy you enjoy the watch as much as I knew you would.

Did you get an Atomic synch yet?
He amigo, thank you, yeah I think that must be a record for Canada, less than a week!
It I thought it had synced but it had not, not unusual as my other atomic seems to only like to sync in the middle of the night! I am on the top floor of my apartment building with nothing in the way so It will more than likely sync tonight, one thing I do like though is that it gives you the date as well as the time of the sync, the last one was 5/14!
As to what I said about you Doug, every word meant mate, every word meant! This is one great place to hang out!

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
people, people, people !!!! u gotta update your sig. making me all confused who has wat !!!!!
Your wish is my command sir mansrow!
Man you have gotta get this puppy outa the box and wear it, it is stunning!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Congs for Grail!!! It's a beatifull classic. Really considering purchasing one:p...
About our friend Doug, i've had an excellent deal with him too, extremally kind and carefull guy. He is the responsable for the first (and probablly the only one) DB Frogman in Brazil!!! And the most important of all, much more than the watch itself, i'm proud and honored of having made a friend.
Raul Dantas;
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congs for Grail!!! It's a beatifull classic. Really considering purchasing one:p...
About our friend Doug, i've had an excellent deal with him too, extremally kind and carefull guy. He is the responsable for the first (and probablly the only one) DB Frogman in Brazil!!! And the most important of all, much more than the watch itself, i'm proud and honored of having made a friend.
Raul Dantas;
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Raul, I could not agree more, everything you say is spot on.Doug has become a good friend and for me the watch has a great history behind it that makes it even more special. I hope you are enjoying your Frogman in the beautiful city of Rio.
Oh yes, it makes absolute sense now to get one of these to complement your DB Froggie!
Tenha um grande dia, sustento seguro e bom meu amigo

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
soon, real soon !!! its just look pretty sitting in my case. dun want to disturb it.
Go On man, it's built to be disturbed...hmmm reminds me of what a teacher once said to me, "Ian, you're disturbed":-d

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice catch Ian . . . is that display GLOWING? Haha, the display looks very clear and the watch looks great. :-!
Ya know I thought that, it looks like it glows, the clearest digital display I have ever seen!:-!

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ian. I think there's a problem with that watch. How do you tell the time with it? If you want, I could probably take it off your hands and try to repair it. Might be worth it, or the repair could cost more than the watch is worth. I'm willing to take that risk.
:-d:-d, The only way you'll get a hold of this one is to prise it outa my cold dead hands:-d:-d

1 - 20 of 47 Posts