WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I am looking for a G-shock that has following functions (sorted by the importance):

1. Large LCD display or larger font than 6900.
2. Must display the current time in Stopwatch mode.
3. 24-hours Stopwatch (60 - 99 min stopwatch function is useless to me)
4. countdown Timer - prefer 24 hours one.
5. Auto EL light
6. Solar or 10 years battery

Optional functions:
=> Atomic (in US if that matters)

my newbie story:

I bought GW530. It has everything I dreamed for.. but I found out that it has no countdown timer :-( I love the big LCD font though.. so I keep it.

then, I bought G-2300. It has good basic function and I found out it does not display the current time in Stopwatch mode... doh! I love the design so I still keep it.

and, I bought GW1200. It is my first ana/digi so I expected too much.. lol. The problem is 99min stopwatch function. and it has reverse display on tiny LCD screen. besides, minute hand convers tiny LCD screen every 30 min LOLLLL. even I loved Full LED light and very cool design I sold it.

If I can mix-match I would put gw-530 module with CDT into G-2300 case :-d

I like new gulfman design(Japan model). I am not sure if that has everything I listed above. Can anyone confirm? or you can suggest any G-shock.
I looked G7700 and it has almost everything!.. but.. it take 2 batteries every 2 years.. yike.

no mudman plz.. I can't press the button easily. so I gave up.

·
Registered
747 Posts
The Pathfinder PAW1300 or PAW1400T does all that. But alas, it is not a G-Shock.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pathfinder.. I love its function but it's way too big for my wrst :-(.

Tribe/ I read the manual. Thanks for the link!
I found out that it has 999(it's not typo) hours stopwatch function but it does not display the current time in stopwatch mode. It does in CDT though. what a bummer.. who would need 999 hours stopwatch function :-| sacrificing display the current time function. Thanks for suggesting anyway.:thanks

..I may endup buying G7700 dropping solar option.:think: 2 battries per 2 years hmm.. can't be that bad lol o|

·
Registered
747 Posts

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
@ overdriver,

I'm not sure which g-shock shows the current time in stopwatch mode, if there is any at all.....:-s (with the execption of ana-digi models of course)

however, you may want to consider the G-2800:

it also does NOT show the current time in stopwatch mode, but it DOES show it in the countdown mode. thing is, that when the countdown (60 minutes max by the way) is finished, it starts counting UP again, so basically you can use the countdown timer as a stopwatch too (!!!). the stopwatch will count up to 100 hours, the watch features furthermore solar and it has the biggest digits of all g-shocks. besides that, I find the look very attractive buts thats a matter of personal taste of course...

regards, holger

p.s. oh and no to forget as you can see in the picture: it shows day, date, month, year and time all at once, something that is rather rare with g-shocks but you already know from your G-2300.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
@ overdriver,

I'm not sure which g-shock shows the current time in stopwatch mode, if there is any at all.....:-s
DW-9052, DW-5600E for sure.

Probably DW-6900, DW-6600 too, but I don't have those to hand to check.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I think G 8000 has all the functions you mentioned except the Tough solar. The numbers is also very bold and easy to read.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
I think G 8000 has all the functions you mentioned except the Tough solar. The numbers is also very bold and easy to read.
Forgot that one - yes, you're right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts