WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks, I have just got this little beauty back from the watch doctors, it was brought for my grandfather in 1938 and is a Marvin movement assembled by Speed and co jewellers in King's Lynn, I do have the original box and I love it.:p What do you all think?

Attachments

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
Very nice.:) I would think it was more likely just retailed by Speed - rather than assembled.

BTW, in googling I discovered that Speed's daughter Odile became rather famous as an artist and also married Francis Crick one of the discoverers of the DNA double helix. Odile Crick - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Also Life In Legacy - Week of July 7, 2007 - she's the one with her double helix drawing alongside her picture. Maybe she handled that very watch.;-)

Reactions: redcow

·
Registered
185 Posts
While I would probably not like this style of watch on my wrists, I would definitely try to overcome that if one of my grandfathers had left me such a beauty...

May you wear it in good health!

Sent through Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Very Nice, It's so cool to wear something that you know your grandfather had and used I'm sure everyday. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts