WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, a friend of mine from another site, found out I was a watch fiend, and turned me on to this site....What a nice forum ....

.....I read that you're not supposed to go over 5 lines, so ....here is the culprit that sucked me back into vintage watches....found it in a huge batch of watches I had ordered from ebay to sell at the flea market...there it was shining quietly amid the quartz watches.....

....It runs well, though the crown is a wee tad loose, and according to my research is a Cadet Model from 1938, costing about $50 at that time.....

.....Watches are difficult to photograph, and this is one of my first efforts last year, but I really wanted to show this sweetie off......

Attachments

·
Registered
9,655 Posts
Hi -

First off, welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy yourself here and that we can help you... :)

You can go over five lines, no problem. What gave you the idea that you're not supposed to?

JohnF

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hello hello... always good to hear from another Gruen fan.

The pictures of your watch are tiny. Wondering if maybe you can bring the quality down and crank up the size so that you still meet the limitations of this site.

The Cadet was very generic looking watch and I believe that some watches are potentially a different model. I find the Sentry has the same problem. Both of these watches look very simple so I often have to look very very closely to see if there's an exact match.

What's the caliber of your movement? I'm curious how you researched. I'm not at all trying to saw you're wrong, or I know more about Gruens, yadda, yadda... but rather just the opposite. I like to learn as much as I can and it's from asking folks like yourself that have done research that I can learn from.

It looks like you've got yourself a beautiful watch. Thank you for taking time to post it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts