WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In May I was holding that watch at the G-shock store, it was there last one but I had just invested in a Prw7000 and let it go.
Since it was invisible.
Later I have decided to give another run on Garmin and sold the PRW7000.
The Silver was haunting me.

It was a child dream. Back in 1982 I had a proto G-Shock (same module, stainless case and a bezel in black plastic.) DW1000.
I have found a picture on the net:
Capture d'écran 2018-10-19 23.01.07.jpg

The black rubber band last one year and the bezel 3 years... But it was a screwback !

I always loved the two lines of information provided on the screen.
Then I have worn many G-Shock during the decades but I was really dreaming of a steel case feel...
I have had 2 GW-5000 (one was all black with inverted LCD) then added some tiktox bands...

Any 36 years later after loving my first Casio diver...
I had convinced myself to get a GMW-B5000 black version.
And Tuesday I went to the Parisian G-Store just to feel the air.
After a chat I have left them and taken a small street nearby where another watch retailer display mainly Timex and spinnaker...
In the middle of trendy squares here it was : a Silver forgotten by the fashion tsunami.
It was their last one.
I could not let it go.

Back home my investment was considered as an horror from the 80's and I had decided to keep it and sale it around Xmas to generate some cash for the gifts.

But that Silver was haunting me.
To day I hade decided that the Garmin could get a rest.
I have sized the bracelet on the Silver.
Used some jeweler pads to satin the mirror finish on the top of the case and there it is.
Those pads I used them on my Tissot titanium to remove in a matter of seconds any scratches and desk diving marks.
At least I can keep the Silver pristine with them.
So here I am, wearing an old dream... It gives also memory of the Riehl Symchronar I had for my 30ish birthday... Another story.

Envoyé de mon SM-G950F en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,257 Posts
I prefer the bezel polished, but it's still a great watch either way. :-!

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Thanks for sharing your experience and pictures of this beautiful watch. I hope you enjoy it for a long time to come. Us watch people are funny folk...

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for sharing your experience and pictures of this beautiful watch. I hope you enjoy it for a long time to come. Us watch people are funny folk...
Thank you ! ;-)

I prefer the bezel polished, but it's still a great watch either way. :-!

It's just the case, the bezel was untouched. just wanted to merge the bracelet and the case.
Those pads used by jewelers give you a great latitude as the matting effect comes very slowly.
At least now I should not attract barracudas which are lure by shining objets on divers !! :-D

I would love if someone could help me for the serial number. This one is very...odd...

9200aaf81d6ea4996e2fdc790a5d83d0.jpg

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just have to be that guy and nitpick that it's GMW (as seen in the back shot), not GWM :) ... Just bear with me, waah.

But yeah, looking gooood b-)
Aaaargh everytime I mess up with my phone !!
Usually I forget a dash ( - ) This time the dash was good but the order in the letter was off.... Aaaaarh !! :)

Someone can help me with the serial number ?

·
Registered
918 Posts
Sweet, man! Congrats. I totally dig the finish. Really makes it merge with the bracelet in an awesome way.

·
Premium Member
8,257 Posts
It's just the case, the bezel was untouched. just wanted to merge the bracelet and the case.
Those pads used by jewelers give you a great latitude as the matting effect comes very slowly.
At least now I should not attract barracudas which are lure by shining objets on divers !! :-D

Okay, I was just using the terminology that is often used on the forum about that watch. Since it's a one-piece part, ppl often refer to it as the "bezel" for simplicity's sake.

I meant that I prefer the "case" to be polished. (i.e., I prefer the watch in stock form)

I totally get why you did it, and it looks good. Just not for me. And I don't have to worry about attracting barracudas either, unless there is a land-based variety... :-d:-d

Your guess is as good as mine about the serial numbers.

Reactions: Nemo_Sandman

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sweet, man! Congrats. I totally dig the finish. Really makes it merge with the bracelet in an awesome way.
2 minutes with the Red and then Black pad.
On first picture I had only used the Red the lines are not even yet.

Your guess is as good as mine about the serial numbers.
Ah ! Anyway it's a lucky find and I don't know how many batches of Silvers has been made.
And if any will be made again...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts