WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1M views 6K replies 498 participants last post by  TempusHertz 
Friends

Pls suggest me what should be the approx price I would be paying for a franken HMT Janata (Devnagri) or Sainik? These are available from Rs. 800 to Rs.2000.
I am desperately looking for Devnagri version of Janata and I somehow convince that I'll not get it in original from HMT site.
Whats your thought?

Patience is the key. Some models which were long thought of as 'will no longer be available' have been coming up on sale on the website. You should updated your contact details on the "notifify" option for each watch that you may be interested in. When it becomes available, you can purchase it promptly.
Till date not even a single time I got any heads up from HMT despite being updated my contact detail in Notify option. But I am keeping a close eye on site and Janata (Eng) and other models I have came cross as soon as they listed.

Yes, you are right that many models listed in recent days so hopefully I will get the New Pilot and Janata Hindi (Art Deco) (Not the full Devnagri version).

Thanks for your encouragement.

Woah....you can buy a seiko recraft series with that money or 2 automatics from hmt website....
I am totally agree with you Vikrama & Dhruv. Paying more is not an option with me, I am not really a watch collector but I buy watches every now and then because I like to wore them. So surly I am not paying a penny more.

Will keep an eye on site and request from you gentleman also if any such new listing you came to know pls pls inform us. Thanks for all good words.

Friends, I was thinking about the fascination of Yellow case and dial by HMT. I mean a big chunk of watches produced by HMT is having yellow case and dial. Right now 24 models are listed on their site (mechanical) and most of them are yellow. I am sure if it was regular black and silver / white models it would have gone by now.

What do you think?