WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
4161 - 4180 of 6149 Posts

· Registered
344 Posts
One of the special models that HMT made.
Hari Ji, very beautiful watch. Yes indeed it is one of the special models from HMT. Thanks for sharing.

Hari Ji, referring to my previous post where i posted about my hmt roman watch..after comparing with yours i find few differences between your watch and my watch. Could you please tell me why the difference? Is my watch franken? Here are the pics...

See the bottom of the dial
1. there is no hmt written for your watch,where as for my watch hmt is written at the bottom of the dial
2. Your watch code at the bottom is long where as for my watch it is short

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Codes at the back also different
Metal Brass Fashion accessory

Please advice
Sorry Hari ji, used your pics without your permission.

· Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,168 ·
Dear Jalal, I would suggest that your watch is genuine. Both the dial and case back. The variations are normal for HMT. I have seen variants with Roman printed at bottom and HMT Quartz at top also. Can you tell me what is printed on your dial bottom? The code must match the code on case back for this watch. There are at least three models of the moon phase.

· Registered
305 Posts
One of the special models that HMT made.
Truly Special Sir , it is Stunning .

Another relic of HMTs glorious past. Their in house manufactured power cell.
Ohh did not know they made Power cell too, thanks for the info Hari sir.

after 3 visit to the same small shop at the corner of road awarded THE BLUE PILOT
Congratulations the Blue Pilot is superb

Watch on my wrist today ... hmt "Akhil" 21 J Automatic

I really feel lucky to have this beauty from hmtwatches.in
Its a Lovely watch

There you go! Superb Anand !! You are The One !!
Anand which I have 1986 Heera Purple dial with cross patterns
Nice Bahadur variant. Here are some shots of my Steel variant of the Bahadur.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Metal Font Clock Circle Spoke

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Silver

Vikrama your Anand is nice , I am sure you will find the GP case that this Anand variant actually comes in, if you search for it.

Speaking of patterns ,The Janata pattern Hari sir had posted long back is a beauty, one does get to see some pattern variations in Janata. Similarly have seen diff patterns probably most in Kohinoor , one in fact is same as the Heera and another same as Bahadur

Hari Sir the Anand I had picked form Srinagar along with Shiv, both said to be from Chinar .

Signage Sign

· Registered
542 Posts
View attachment 10851794

Vikrama your Anand is nice , I am sure you will find the GP case that this Anand variant actually comes in, if you search for it.

Speaking of patterns ,The Janata pattern Hari sir had posted long back is a beauty, one does get to see some pattern variations in Janata. Similarly have seen diff patterns probably most in Kohinoor , one in fact is same as the Heera and another same as Bahadur

Hari Sir the Anand I had picked form Srinagar along with Shiv, both said to be from Chinar .

View attachment 10851554
Wah !! Beautiful Bahadur (Do you think my Bahadur should have been with gold casing ?)

The sight of eerie silence at HMT factory raises melancholic feeling.....it is more pronounced in Bangalore because of its vast area and empty workers quarters.

· Registered
344 Posts
Dear Jalal, I would suggest that your watch is genuine. Both the dial and case back. The variations are normal for HMT. I have seen variants with Roman printed at bottom and HMT Quartz at top also. Can you tell me what is printed on your dial bottom? The code must match the code on case back for this watch. There are at least three models of the moon phase.
Hari Ji, Thank you very much for the reply. Never known there are different variants of Moonphase watches. Thanks for the clarification.
Bottom of my watch's dial read as "MADE IN INDIA 4310" and the case back read as "INDIA.SS BACK.4310-01-53417-19KT-GP-416036"

· Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,180 ·
Hari Ji, Thank you very much for the reply. Never known there are different variants of Moonphase watches. Thanks for the clarification.
Bottom of my watch's dial read as "MADE IN INDIA 4310" and the case back read as "INDIA.SS BACK.4310-01-53417-19KT-GP-416036"
4310 is movement no.
53417 is watch model no
416036 is the case back code denoting factory case type etc...

4161 - 4180 of 6149 Posts