WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
4181 - 4200 of 6149 Posts

· Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,181 ·
Truly Special Sir , it is Stunning .
Nothing in front of the wonderful stuff you so kindly share vwith all of us.

Ohh did not know they made Power cell too, thanks for the info Hari sir.
pls dont embarrass me by sir. plain Hari is ok. :)

I also had no idea, discovered this while changiung the cell on my NOS moonphase which I had just bought and kept.

Hari Sir the Anand I had picked form Srinagar along with Shiv, both said to be from Chinar .

View attachment 10851554
wow, what a pic of Zainakot. I have had numerous interactions with the staff there, all of them kind to me.

Chinar and HMTWL were united for a very long time before the split. The Anand is possibly precious stock from the united days. I was curious since the case back appeared to indicate WF2. your Shiv is a lovely watch, so is the anand, well done.

· Registered
305 Posts
Wah !! Beautiful Bahadur (Do you think my Bahadur should have been with gold casing ?)

The sight of eerie silence at HMT factory raises melancholic feeling.....it is more pronounced in Bangalore because of its vast area and empty workers quarters.
The Gp pattern variant Bahadur have seen in same steel case so your case is Ok, The plain Bahadur steel case may be different . and yes I get what you mean about the feeling ,have had it since 2014, the small HMT showroom in Pune with whatever meagre stock was among the first that closed in 14.So in a way you in Bangalore are lucky to have it open till now.
I still pass by the closed shutters of the showroom , the board is still there, hoping ...

Hari sir you are too kind , What I have is nothing compared to your collection,you have introduced me to many lovely rare HMTs that I still search for .
And if you insist Hari . it is|>

Hari, what you say about Anand may be true, the Transfer of stock and spares is quite well known with hmt, Chinar had sold Shiv in number of case options, Janata, Amar, akbar, Gaurav, deepak, chetan etc I guess whichever was at hand ;-) . But since the dial is so thoughtfully made and a beauty I dont mind the case. The HMT showroom in Srinagar was ruined during the floods . The factory is in bit of a awkward area.to put it very mildly. So the staff has as such gone thro a lot, but still are very helpful as you mentioned.
I was allowed only to take a pic of the board at the Zainakot plant, after being grilled at the gates for nearly 45 mins;-). Our Army brothers could not believe I was in that area for watches.

jalal-akbar excellent Click of the Braille

raami nice Kohi variant

For today 14th Feb sharing an old pic(please pardon the poor Pic quality), tagged it as
Love affair since 1961 ,

as to the why
HMT assembled its first batch in 1961 of Hmt Citizen 500nos and Hmt Sujata 300nos, and no, the ones I have are not from that batch:)

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

· Registered
542 Posts
The Gp pattern variant Bahadur have seen in same steel case so your case is Ok, The plain Bahadur steel case may be different . and yes I get what you mean about the feeling ,have had it since 2014, the small HMT showroom in Pune with whatever meagre stock was among the first that closed in 14.So in a way you in Bangalore are lucky to have it open till now.
Textured Kohinoor dual tone...watch on my wrist today

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Material property
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Material property

· Registered
542 Posts
Dear Vikrama... Super Kohinoor watch...aur kitne ajube dikhavoge dost? :) From where did you get these variants man.. Your collection has got families of watches I guess ;)
Dear Jalal,

My collection is nothing worth mentioning when compared to other stalwarts here :)
My collection has began just a year ago. Talking of family of watches...a little family perhaps in some models :)

· Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,199 · (Edited)
Vintage HMT Automatic..the precursor to Rajat WD
Rajat in any variant never fails to impress!
wonderful piece of HMTs history. Someone told me that the initial 6500 was a bidirectional winding watch, later it was modified to be unidirectional winding only, thus the U on the later dials.

4181 - 4200 of 6149 Posts