WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

5921 - 5940 of 5987 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
This really is a gorgeous Janata. Great find!

Reactions: the one

·
Registered
292 Posts
A big shout out to all who are out there to keep us Janata safe , at home , in particular the whole of medical fraternity and their families , who are taking care and saving the lives of the Janata at the risk of their own . Our heart felt gratitude . The clip-on watch is a nurse watch , wristwatch a handwind named Janata meaning people / citizens.

nurse.jpg

nurse4.JPG

·
Registered
27 Posts
Probably the only good things that happened with me during these lockdown times is that I was finally able to order and get me hands on a HMT Sona.

Really beautiful watch, pretty different to the other HMTs that I have. I would have ideally preferred the white dial as I think that would've made it a lil more subtle. Does anyone know what colour dial did the first batch of Sona's came in?
Sona1.jpg Sona2.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys, I've been eyeing the Sourab range for a while now. Can someone please explain the difference between Sourab Premium and Sourab Supreme? The Supreme variant is back in stock on the official website, but I have a slight preference for Premium's looks. Wondering if it makes to wait.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,936 ·
Hi guys, I've been eyeing the Sourab range for a while now. Can someone please explain the difference between Sourab Premium and Sourab Supreme? The Supreme variant is back in stock on the official website, but I have a slight preference for Premium's looks. Wondering if it makes to wait.
The only diffrence is in looks and price. Mechanically they use the same movement. The premium model was introced a couple of years prior to the supreme model. Hope this helps

·
Registered
4 Posts
Been looking for a Pilot white dial for a while now, the HMT website says it's not in stock lol. Hopefully I can pick up a used one somewhere.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,938 ·
One never knows, it might come back in stock. HMT is producing (or is getting produced) dials, cases straps etc and lots of new models can be seen on the website. White may make a comeback. HMT has been making it off and on since 2007 or so.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I'm a new member here. I have one doubt about the new HMT pilot watches coming out from their official shopping site. Why they changed the design?. The indices are printed. the word "Pilot" is white in color. Why would they change the iconic design elements?. It's so stupid. Now the new pilot watches looks more similar to the duplicate ones than the vintage authentic ones.

Are they doing similar changes to other iconic models??. Those who have new version of the old iconic models please share the info. Every new watch model will have printed dial instead of handwritten ones?

·
Registered
59 Posts
You raise a good point. HMT is now scrambling to produce high-demand watch models like the Pilot because the management has realized (a little too late) that these sell like hot cakes. Since the factories are largely closed and the staff reduced to a skeleton crew of a few people (potentially awaiting their VRS), they are cobbling together watches with whatever parts they have left. And, mind you, their unsold inventory is massive. They have lots of pie-pan dials left over that can be made into Pilots, yet I suppose the skilled artisans who would hand-paint the lume are no longer there.

The 2020 reissues have largely been disappointing, barring the new Kohinoors, which I find are well made. The metal bracelets too have been upgraded compared to the pre-closure stock. YMMV.

Reactions: PAUL H.
5921 - 5940 of 5987 Posts