WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

5941 - 5960 of 5987 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,941 ·
Hello, I'm a new member here. I have one doubt about the new HMT pilot watches coming out from their official shopping site. Why they changed the design?. The indices are printed. the word "Pilot" is white in color. Why would they change the iconic design elements?. It's so stupid. Now the new pilot watches looks more similar to the duplicate ones than the vintage authentic ones.

Are they doing similar changes to other iconic models??. Those who have new version of the old iconic models please share the info. Every new watch model will have printed dial instead of handwritten ones?
The original hmt pie pan dials esp were all made using a process called coining. Also flat dials like the Shiv.
now the dials are made by third parties and it’s much simpler to make applied indice type dials with screen printing. This is what you are seeing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Gonna take a stab at one of these off ebay...its probably fake but as long as it looks decent don't mind i suppose. Any thoughts of how this one compares to actual Rajats?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Gonna take a stab at one of these off ebay...its probably fake but as long as it looks decent don't mind i suppose. Any thoughts of how this one compares to actual Rajats?
Listing does mention "professionally refurbished Dial", the seller is clear about that.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hello friends..how r u all? its been long time....its clearing time for me...i have to make some space in my cupboard....so i am selling some of my hmt collection.....do have a look at it....they were all bought in 2015 from hmt official websites and are in mint conditions....never really got time to wear them....do whatsapp me on 81285-67422 if interested

7EF40FAC-CBAB-42F5-A399-9B163C79217E.jpeg

15A544B7-8D7B-490D-8BB5-669059A25A3B.jpeg

10 Posts
Hello folks,

Are there any good places in Mumbai that are open these days to service an HMT? I have a Vijay that I inherited recently. I haven't seen it in the flesh yet because I am in the US, and the watch is with my folks back in India. It seems to keep good time, but given the age of the watch I am wondering whether it is due for some maintenance.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hello folks,

Are there any good places in Mumbai that are open these days to service an HMT? I have a Vijay that I inherited recently. I haven't seen it in the flesh yet because I am in the US, and the watch is with my folks back in India. It seems to keep good time, but given the age of the watch I am wondering whether it is due for some maintenance.
Yep - there is Kamdar in Dadar East.

About 8 months ago, I got an older HMT pilot serviced at Ashok Watch House in Matunga East, near Kings Circle. Paid a princely sum of Rs. 50. The whole place seemed like out of a 1960s movie but they did a decent job.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hello friends..how r u all? its been long time....its clearing time for me...i have to make some space in my cupboard....so i am selling some of my hmt collection.....do have a look at it....they were all bought in 2015 from hmt official websites and are in mint conditions....never really got time to wear them....do whatsapp me on 81285-67422 if interested
I just read that HMT was closed in 2016, so I guess the watches on their website are what's left?
Is there an India based online retailer that ships to the USA?
@Dhaivat Dhruv Do you still have watches available?

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Them gandaberunda watches are nice, i'd love to own one. If only HMT would sell worldwide, they are missing out on so many sales!

5941 - 5960 of 5987 Posts