WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of getting Kobold watch, but want one a little unique and customized. Here is what I am thinking.

Titanium case and bracelet version (think the lighter weight would be nice)

Arabic Numbered Hour markers, instead of the indexes.

No Red on the dial. Instead I want to Substitute all the red painted hands and the printing with Olive Drab Green paint (Yeah, I know will not show as well as the Red, but how often will I actually use the Chrono and I like the more subdued and military look it will give it).

·
Registered
205 Posts
I know they will put the numbers on the dial, I inquired about the same thing and, Mike said it was no problem. The change in color though..not sure.
Enjoy your vacation.
Thanks for being out there and sanding in the gap for us.
Regards,
Keith

·
Registered
751 Posts
Sounds pretty cool to me !

... of course I'm retired Army/Navy and love all things PVD, Tan and or Camo'ed.

I too like the Numbers vs the Hour Bars. Very close description to the SMG-1.

I've placed my SMG on a Black or British Grey 4 Ring Low-Lite ZULU.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
The problem will be at the 12,6 and 9 position. You would have 1,2,4,5,7,8,10,11 on the dial. There is not enough room for 12,6,or 9. The dial is too small in my opinion for numbers. As far as the omission of the red hands. NO. As far as the titanium. Yes it is light and not as noticeable on the wrist but then your $4800 watch will weigh as much as a $29 Pulsar.

A Ti PVD'd with olive green markers could be a new US military edition version. Maybe a titanium case done with PVD with a dark olive green dial with bright red second hands , white Aribic numbers and a NATO strap in dark olive green. That would be cool.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
A Ti PVD'd with olive green markers could be a new US military edition version. Maybe a titanium case done with PVD with a dark olive green dial with bright red second hands , white Aribic numbers and a NATO strap in dark olive green. That would be cool.
And it would need to be SMG sized:p

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
here is what the numbers would look like. This is the same as a Phantom face, but in blue.

Attachments

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
\Well got the idea from the Arabic numbers from the brochure that kobold sent me, on the borchure it shows a custom phantom with the arabic numbes. looks really nice. basically has the arabic numbers at 1,2,4,5,7,8,10,11. 3,6,9, and 12 have just a small luminous index. looks sharp in my opinion. Yeah, i was concerned about the light weight of the titanium, if it would feel too light. do not like the black pvd, so may just ask for brushed ss case and bracelet.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
To give you a view into my mind ; Here is my (poorly Photoshopped) Kobold Military SMG. The band would be a dark olive green (Army) Nato strap not rubber. In Ti or PVD. Troy

I know it's not a Phantom.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts