WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got hold of this beauty a few weeks ago and to be fair you don't see many reviews of this watch so here you go

https://youtu.be/KzRCSDUn_ls

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice

Thanks for sharing the video here. Surprised about the magnetising of the watch.
I was to but ever so easy to fix I'll do a short video on how to use one in the next few days
And a video of the straps the guy who makes them is a star and super cheap

·
Premium Member
8,372 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to do this video and a great review. I did not realize the lugs were so short. In that, the Memmingen is 42mm and its lug-to-lug width is 50mm, which leaves only 4mm of lug length on each end of the watch.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for taking the time to do this video and a great review. I did not realize the lugs were so short. In that, the Memmingen is 42mm and its lug-to-lug width is 50mm, which leaves only 4mm of lug length on each end of the watch.
Its less than that NC there is only about 1.4mm between the spring bar and case

Reactions: NC_Hager626

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Just another "A" dial flieger wrist watch--there is a million of them--what's the big deal?

heb

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There a millions and millions of 3 handed watches out there sir but each one is a little different and that's what we love about them

·
Vendor
402 Posts
Just another "A" dial flieger wrist watch--there is a million of them--what's the big deal?

heb
If you study the subject of flieger watches a little bit more, you will see that this is not only one out of a million.
Of course there are many pilot watches on the market (and many companies who produce them), but no other pilot watches are as close to the historical "observation watches" from the 1940's like the Laco watches from the "original pilot" series. Those 55 mm big historical watches were only produced by five companies in that time: A. Lange & Söhne, Laco (Lacher & Co), Stowa (Walter Storz), Wempe (Chronometerwerke Hamburg) and IWC.
You should check the second post here to get a little bit more information: https://www.watchuseek.com/f367/laco-lacher-history-283087.html
Some of the details which are true to the original are the shape of the case with the straight lugs, the engravings on the case (FL23883 and the important features which we show on the outer case back instead of the inner case back like the old ones), the shape of the crown or the dial without any logo.
If you compare the millions of flieger wrist watches more accurately you will definitely see a difference...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Great review. I also have a Memmingen and think its a wonderful watch. Its one of those watches, that in my opinion looks better in the flesh than in photos. I think the quality of the case and the double domed crystal really impresses when you handle it in person.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Great review. I also have a Memmingen and think its a wonderful watch. Its one of those watches, that in my opinion looks better in the flesh than in photos. I think the quality of the case and the double domed crystal really impresses when you handle it in person.
I whole-heartedly agree! Plus, mine has been keeping excellent time at around a second a day loss (or even less) over the last few months.

·
Premium Member
36,061 Posts
Nice review. Interesting and well written.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts