WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
awesome looking watch, congrats :-! in my opinion it looks best on the metal bracelet.

pardon my ignorance but how is the case opened?

cheers

·
Registered
516 Posts
That is an awesome watch! Its a wonder teh kyebaord is tsil ko wiht lal teh drool!b-):p

Reactions: Spring-Diver

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
One week has elapsed and there's still a bounce in my step. Thank you visitors and participants of the thread and heck- a big thank you to Seiko, too! :-!

After seven days the watch is within half a second of time.gov. The 5R66 is obviously going to be sufficiently accurate as to require a whole month or more until a useful 'naked eye' accuracy report is possible.

Another observation yet to make is how quickly and when exactly the date changes. I'm usually not up that late. :) But I'll endure the late-night talk shows and light a candle in the interest of science.

On the subject of case construction (Cal 45), first Seiko's diagram:

There is no screw-on case back. Maybe it isn't accurate to refer to the watch as "uni body" after all - assuming that term as it applies to watches does in fact have a standard meaning. But you can plainly see the rear of the watch head is a single piece of handsome titanium. To access the movement, one would first remove the two bezel retaining clip screws at 12 and 6 o'clock- a feature inherited from the Spring Drive Marine Master. Then the bezel is presumably able to lift up and off. Underneath the bezel are 4 screws securing a frame to the rear.

More NATO straps came in yesterday. The classic black looks good but the gray is the best yet. Maybe that's because its low contrast to the Ti body softens the transition from 'hulk of metal' to 'strip of fabric'. :think: But I agree with above that the bracelet looks better. Good enough for an impromptu cell phone shot, in fact!

And one more silly picture! What an excellent coincidence that, during the summer, my 24 hour hand - set to GMT - points straight up at "quittin' time". |>

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
thanks a-tom-ic for that detailed explanation. wow, what an effort of craftsmanship was put into the design of that watch. i think this is one time-piece that lasts forever and will stay a lifetime with you. wear it proudly and in great health :-!

cheers

·
Registered
735 Posts
Super awesome grail piece!
Has replaced my desire for the 600m SD diver! Love the ingenious lug design; AMAZING!
Love to see more wrist shots!
Best,
Aaron

·
6,958 Posts
After drooling over this thread :thanks.... at least 20 times :-d:-d:p:p:p:p:p

It's official.....the SBDB003 will be my next grail purchase:-! It might take a year or two but I will have one!

Again ....congrats on that ultimate tool watch :-!

Cheers
Shannon

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Thanks guys. Indeed, for me this was a 'grail' level purchase. To round up the cash, I sold all but a couple G-Shocks. It was absolutely the right decision!

What about a lume shot? I "feel" the lume isn't as bright as I remember on the MM300, but it is extremely long-lasting and easily readable through the night. Watch Tanaka has a "gentler" (better :)) pic here. I took a longer exposure version:

·
6,958 Posts
Tom,

Would you PLEASE post a photo on a rubber strap, Z-22 or whatever is lying around.

:thanks in advance:-!

Cheers
Shannon

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 · (Edited)
Shannon, I was thinking about what would be a great match in rubber for the watch. Last month I bundled a mint B22 in a trade, otherwise I would have already tried the LM on rubber. But now I'm curious about the Hirsch Extreme. Or maybe something else.

Someone had listed the SBDB003 on Z22 on Yahoo Auctions last month. It looked good but I'm not sure it looked great.

Another photo... I was noticing the other night how amazing the Landmaster's bezel lugs flow in to the bracelet. The sides are highly polished, just like the bracelet. The result is a creeping snake of metal totally enclosing the brushed Ti body. Here's a lame attempt to capture the effect:

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
Simply amazing :p

I remember when the first brochure photos came out and were posted in threads a year or so ago, almost everyone panned the new SD Landmaster and its design but these real world photos really highlight one awesome looking watch! Congrats. |>|>

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Amazing tank you have and congrat!

Case designs: I think 600M maintains the traditions from MM and I still prefer over this LM. However, the one piece case back is really sexy!

Lug: much better design for strap change!

Dial: very bold

GMT hand: I still prefer white.

Crown: Bigger the better!

·
6,958 Posts
Shannon, I was thinking about what would be a great match in rubber for the watch. Last month I bundled a mint B22 in a trade, otherwise I would have already tried the LM on rubber. But now I'm curious about the Hirsch Extreme. Or maybe something else.

For sure IMO an Isofrane would look awesome! The 22mm will be released in a few months or you could notch a 24mm now.:-!

Congrats again on such a KILLER, UNIQUE, BAD A** watch. :-!

Cheers
Shannon

·
Registered
383 Posts
YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS..........congratulations.......:-!:-!:-!......this is a definitive Seiko watch........great wonderfull watch, wonderfull choise.:-!.......o|o|o|o|
Regards.
MAX

21 - 40 of 61 Posts