WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may have seen the seamaster XVI I was fortunate to find. Well, 2 weeks after that I happened on this piece - had been sitting in the safe of a watch collector for about 20 years and I was lucky enough to get it. It is IMHO a piece that is extremely difficult to find in this condition. It is a cal. 321 chronograph in a large 37.5mm (without crown) 18k yellow gold case (case ref. 2468). Functions perfectly, keeps good time and the movement (sorry no picture) is as clean as the rest of the watch. Everything here is original to the watch including the hands and the 18k vintage omega gold buckle. Hope you like it.

·
Banned
7,645 Posts
M, do you have some kind of 6th sense for mint vintage Omegas? You pull rabbits out of hats like it's an every day occurance! Another nice addition to what is probably the best collection of 50's and 60's Omegas here.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Great find! A real beauty. Rare to find a vintage of this size that won't look out of place (size-wise) in the big watch era that we're in.

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
like those blue steel hands. I bet you don't see them everyday. congrats.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
M, do you have some kind of 6th sense for mint vintage Omegas? You pull rabbits out of hats like it's an every day occurance! Another nice addition to what is probably the best collection of 50's and 60's Omegas here.
+100. Where do you find them?!?!?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks to all for the kind words. This one I was lucky with - the seller was selling some other more valuable vintage pieces and had 2 nice vintage omegas this being one of them. The other was a square triple date moonphase in 18k gold which I would have been interested in but the dial was refinished so instead went for this beauty. The omega museum has the 2 register version with same case but with a more aged dial - that watch is pictured in the omega reference a journey through time. As some of you have pointed out, the size of the watch is what makes it special - the majority of gold cal. 321 chronographs are of the 34-35mm size and this is one of the very few ones that has a swiss case in the 37.5mm size.

·
Registered
420 Posts
THAT is stunning. I just picked up a simple little Geneve to add to my collection, but your acquisition is really a beaut! Congrats!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts