WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad recently passed away and my mum suggested that I take one of his old watches to remember him by.

I spotted the Seiko and even though it was not running I decided to pick it and send it for repair. 4 Weeks later I have it back and it's running sweetly and looking like it has just come off the production line. I think it's appx 50 years old.

I hope you like the picture

·
Registered
185 Posts
@pixelstate thanks for the post, really hits home with my Dad passing last month & going through his stuff. I was looking for a Seiko that I had fixed up for him (which I found), but also digging through his storage unit I found the watch he wore in Vietnam - a Sheffield. I have been wearing it a bit here and there and it runs very well. Pic below.

Yours is beautiful and a great heirloom for you to remember him every time you put it on.

God Bless,

JR
IG: @my_seiko_obsession

·
Registered
220 Posts
My dad recently passed away and my mum suggested that I take one of his old watches to remember him by.

I spotted the Seiko and even though it was not running I decided to pick it and send it for repair. 4 Weeks later I have it back and it's running sweetly and looking like it has just come off the production line. I think it's appx 50 years old.

View attachment 15877919
@pixelstate , Sorry to hear that your dad passed away.

Your dad’s Seiko is a fantastic way of remembering him and having him with you constantly in some shape or form.

The watch looks like you said, just out of the factory; your watchmaker did a fantastic job (even thou there is no “before” photo).

Also, it’s a very good picture. I always suffer from being a very bad photographer, but this picture highlights the condition of the watch.

Take good care of the watch and use it, don’t put it away. Surely your dad would like you to enjoy it.

Best regards.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@pixelstate thanks for the post, really hits home with my Dad passing last month & going through his stuff. I was looking for a Seiko that I had fixed up for him (which I found), but also digging through his storage unit I found the watch he wore in Vietnam - a Sheffield. I have been wearing it a bit here and there and it runs very well. Pic below.

Yours is beautiful and a great heirloom for you to remember him every time you put it on.

God Bless,

JR
IG: @my_seiko_obsession
View attachment 15878064
That's an amazing looking watch... I'm glad you found it..

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@pixelstate , Sorry to hear that your dad passed away.

Your dad’s Seiko is a fantastic way of remembering him and having him with you constantly in some shape or form.

The watch looks like you said, just out of the factory; your watchmaker did a fantastic job (even thou there is no “before” photo).

Also, it’s a very good picture. I always suffer from being a very bad photographer, but this picture highlights the condition of the watch.

Take good care of the watch and use it, don’t put it away. Surely your dad would like you to enjoy it.

Best regards.
Thank you.. the photo is just a snap with my phone (Phone Technology can work wonders!)

·
Registered
670 Posts
A man and his watch (only watch) has a lot of sentimental value.

Odd thing is for most of us on the forum, we'll be passing down a box of watches which I feel dilutes that value...

·
Registered
908 Posts

View attachment 15877919
Very sorry for your loss... it's certainly a beautiful watch and a fitting way to remember him.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Beautiful Seiko. Sorry to hear about your father.

Reactions: brodog49

·
Registered
89 Posts

View attachment 15877919
My condolences to you and your family. It’s a beautiful watch and I hope it brings you comfort. May his memory be a blessing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
36,316 Posts
Great looking watch. Good way to remember him.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I am sure he did.

Good luck.

·
Registered
4,599 Posts

View attachment 15877919
Beautiful watch and a beautiful story that has only just begun. Wear in good health and with fond memories while making new memories.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts