WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone

I am now a jlc owner. My last acquisition is a vintage jaeger lecoultre handwound model from the 50's, in very good condition. I bought this watch because of the rich firm's history and the excellent dial and movement contion. It also has an understated elegance that makes of it a perfect dress watch.It is a ref 955701, serial number 1268060 and caliber 478c.

Enjoy

best regards

Georges

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
the excitement must of gave you shaking hands, your not doing the watch justice yet with those pics, please post more pics, but congrats

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Very nice indeed to have one of these lovely quality watches.
Congratulations and I can well understand why your hands were shaking with excitement.

·
Premium Member
13,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
apologizes for the poor quality of my pics but my old camera is a 2.7 millions of pixels my new one is 7.1 millions of pixels but the memory card for my new camera was out of stock so I wasn't able to use it, next month I will have a memory card and after the service it will be photographed properly​

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
Well I think we would all like to see it properly. It looks to be a wonderful watch.:-!:-!

·
Premium Member
13,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I think we would all like to see it properly. It looks to be a wonderful watch.:-!:-!
The pictures don't do justice to it, I already dropped the watch for a full service and a strap change. The watch will be back in 6 months. However I have another Jaeger Lecoultre that should come shortly from restoration.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Looks nice from what I can see, but 6 months!? You should've sent it to my guy you'll get it back in 3 weeks!

·
Registered
23,402 Posts
Try a macro setting, the one with the flower symbol, and remember to focus (get the green light). Looks fantastic, congrats!

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Looks nice from what I can see, but 6 months!? You should've sent it to my guy you'll get it back in 3 weeks!
How much does your guy charge?
I've always found the "Good, Fast or Cheap: pick two" has described most repair places.
My guy is good and cheap, but slooooooooooooooooooow.

·
Premium Member
13,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am not in hurry, I prefer a longer work deadline but a perfect quality of service than a quick work and a messed up one. There are extremely few watchmakers in the USA that can do marvels on vintage JLCs. Mine is well known in Europe, but also in America and Canada, he is 25 years in the business. I am a client of him since 2003 and I am not going to look elsewhere just because deadline is shorter, quality of the service repair is far more important to me. Among his clientele, he has some of the biggest French and Italian JLC, Omega and ROLEX collectors.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
How much does your guy charge?
I've always found the "Good, Fast or Cheap: pick two" has described most repair places.
My guy is good and cheap, but slooooooooooooooooooow.
Take a look at the PDF I got from him after the service, price is very reasonable for the work involved. Not sure if OP will have similar type of documentation but I certainly hope there is.

http://transgressive.selfip.com/Vintage JLC Service.pdf

1 - 12 of 12 Posts