WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like Oris back when they had the kettle shaped dive watches.

The new angular case doesn't float my boat. Since 2012 I've looked forward to photos of new Oris watches from Baselworld and they've all been a let down apart from a few motor sport variants.

Does anyone feel the same way and prefer the older Oris designs?

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
What i always like about ORIS's dive watches, is the chunky size and not-so-common design.
But the thing that turns me down... the case lug area... no allowance of periodic strap change.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
A lot of people do have an issue with the integrated bracelet - which I can understand. For me, I find that if I really like the stock bracelet, there is no need to change it.

Oris used to have the respectable designation of Omega junior. Now Oris is looking like a budget Hublot.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
A lot of people do have an issue with the integrated bracelet - which I can understand. For me, I find that if I really like the stock bracelet, there is no need to change it.

Oris used to have the respectable designation of Omega junior. Now Oris is looking like a budget Hublot.
Just curious, why budget hublot?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
263 Posts
I like the look of them both but the curves are one of the reasons I can easily wear 42mm and even 44mm ("tapered" 40mm bezel prodiver) Oris watches on my 6.5 inch wrists.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Not having owned the original kettle-case diver (only the Aquis), how does the bezel measure up to the advertised case size? Everyone always says that the Aquis wears small but to be honest I see no real difference between the case diameter and the coin edge of the bezel. Maybe at most 42.5 for the bezel and 43 for the case.

I like the look of them both but the curves are one of the reasons I can easily wear 42mm and even 44mm ("tapered" 40mm bezel prodiver) Oris watches on my 6.5 inch wrists.

·
Registered
126 Posts

I find your opinions misplaced and offensive.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Old style trumps the new by a country mile. Much more character and uniqueness.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: JohnM252

·
Registered
410 Posts
I don't like the old style, I find it a rather dated design and is just too rounded. I'm a big fan of the cleaner, sharper, more modern lines of the Aquis range. I like it that much that I just bought one.

Reactions: lferg

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I tend to agree. The Aquis line looks identical to countless numbers of divers whereas the TT1 series actually has a unique look and feel. I still like my old Coke Ti TT1 and am quite turned off by new Oris designs and their lock down of servicing and parts.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
399 Posts
I really like Oris back when they had the kettle shaped dive watches.
i know how you feel.. when i tried on the updated version of my 649 regulateur it died on my wrist, no personality. i find the older kettle designs much more interesting..

·
Registered
115 Posts
I like the older styles too like this one, still bought the diver65 though!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
I love my 2015 Aquis with black bezel and blue burst dial. I have only ever owned the newer version of the Aquis and, therefore, have no experience with the older, kettle body. version of the watch. Ya can't miss what you never knew.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I'm glad I'm not the only one! The basic aquis doesn't do much for me--though I like the depth gauge model. I bought my diver small second hand (similar to the one above, but has orange details) at 60% off the retail price. It was not something I was expecting to buy, but I had wanted an oris diver for almost 10 yrs. Back in 04-05, I was considering one with an Omega SMP. I went with the Omega, but never forgot about the Oris. So yeah, when the price hit a good number I jumped. I'm happy I did as it's a great watch with a very unique case design. It's just a monster of a watch! I wanted a Rolex DSSD, but at this point I'd rather go a different direction because of the SMP and Oris diver I have.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts