WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pics were taken with my cellphone camera (!)

I made the stand in the sheet metal shop at my school's hanger. :)

·
Registered
982 Posts
Very nice, thanks for posting.
Could you explain how it works? Specially the little countdown register at 6?
And I take it that the white dot in the top register turns black after 12 hours?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Ron,

Red knob:

Push to start/pause/reset the Hr/Min counter at 12. The white dot means the counter is reset. It turns red when it's running and is 1/2 red and white when it's paused.

Turning to the left winds the clock (5 day reserve)

Right knob:
Push to start/pause/reset the stop seconds and minute counter at 6.

It runs well, great accuracy.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a Sonyericsson K800i. I'm pretty amazed at the quality. The phone itself and battery life is excellent, too.

Here are a few more aviation-related pics taken by the phone at my school's hanger

Pratt&Whitney JT8D with 737-200 in background

Belly of the beast

Dassault Falcon 20

100 hour inspection

Piper Aerostar, Navajo, Cessna 172, Bell Uh-1 and 206

·
Registered
362 Posts
Great photos! I spent two days being wined and dined aboard a Falcon and flown all around the southeast US. Very nice craft. Performance was impressive. That was a once in a lifetime chance for me, I'm afraid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts