WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At last.

I now have 2 balls (Forgive the terminology please)

My Ball Watch Moonphase (NM1082C-SAJ-BK) has arrived.

And ...

I love it.

I have had it for 3 hours now.

The lume is not as strong as my Fireman but I don't mind at all.

The 3, 6, 9 and 12 look amazing at night.

The Moon has a "Glow" like nothing I have ever seen on a watch - Well done and thank you Ball !

Now I have a problem ..... What's my next Ball going to be ?

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Much congratulations to you. The Moon is truly something to see. Wait a few days for full moon, or cheat and advance it and go in a dark room. It is truly wild.

My next Ball is the Night Train...it will be my second.

Wear it in good health!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Congrats Charles:-! now your complete (you have 2 balls he-he) JK that is Great! I really want to see the Moonphase in person,it looks cool. I think my next Ball may be the Night train DLC:p But im also thinking of going with another brand (shhhh maybe no one will hear me):-d I've wanted a Breitling Areospace for as long as i can remember:-( !(but fell in love with the Super Avenger) But these damn Balls are killing me with the "Glow" its got me all Fuzzy,and i cant think straighto| Anyway Good Luck and Enjoy!

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Nothing wrong with mixing it up Rich. If you like the Breitling, go for it:-!

I love my Anonimo, and it is on right now and gets plenty of wrist time. I imagine I will be sharing wrist time three ways with my Moonie, my Anonimo Chrono and my incoming Night Train.

For suit days, I wear a Nomos Ludwig or a D. Freemont Sapphire, or pull from my vintage collection. The Nomos and Freemont are also very reasonable priced watches that deliver outstanding construction, nice movement decoration (Nomos is in house and very special), and great rate results.

I think it is cool to have options.

And I think it is cool that at the ripe young age of 42 I got turned on to Ball and will have 2 great Ball watches in my collection also...and one on deposit for the Mrs. My AD warned me...this brand begets other Ball purchases. He was right.

I seem to dress more casual these days, and the Ball's I have selected and my Anonimo really suit me to a tee.

I actually went to a jacket function one evening and wore my Moonie (Ball to the ball).

I think my collection is complete, that is until a sporty perpetual calendar chrono comes out that I both love and can afford, and since that day is not coming soon, I feel that finding this group has helped me round out my collection nicely.

Here is some of the collection. Lots of youse guyz (including Rich) have some real nice watches in your collection. Too bad my wife told my I am officially done shopping until they pack me up in the recliner and give me a gold watch.

Alright, enough from me for one week.

Attachments

·
Registered
944 Posts
Nothing wrong with mixing it up Rich. If you like the Breitling, go for it:-!

I love my Anonimo, and it is on right now and gets plenty of wrist time. I imagine I will be sharing wrist time three ways with my Moonie, my Anonimo Chrono and my incoming Night Train.

For suit days, I wear a Nomos Ludwig or a D. Freemont Sapphire, or pull from my vintage collection. The Nomos and Freemont are also very reasonable watches that deliver both outstanding construction, nice movement decoration (Nomos is in house), and great rate results.

I think it is cool to have options.

And I think it is cool that at the ripe young age of 42 I got turned on to Ball and will have 2 great Ball watches in my collection also.

I seem to dress more casual these days, and the Ball's I have selected and my Anonimo really suit me to a tee.

I actually went to a jacket function one evening and wore my Moonie (Ball to the ball)
I know its Ok to want another brand (look at my collection)! And also im in my 40's (44) and just Descovered these Great watches:-! Im a fan of the D. Freemont's also.(cool and nicely priced)Too many watches to choose fromo|!!!
p.s. I have the same 4 watch winder ha ha!

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
I gotta pay better attention to those lists at the end of the posts. I just heard sadness in your voice and wanted to say go for it. You have one hell of a collection!

·
Banned
1,600 Posts
Congrats Charles... :-! I also just got my second Ball and am already contemplating my next (prob an Ionosphere). Today I saw the white dial Moon Phase - imho, the black dial works better as a backdrop for the night sky in the moon phase window... oh yeah... pics pls?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Charles congrats on your latest Ball. I am still Ball less at this time (oh man, I can't believe I just said that) but it doesn't prevent me from admiring everyone else's (never mind). Just trying to say I hope you enjoy your latest purchase. :-d

Len

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
At last.

I now have 2 balls (Forgive the terminology please)

My Ball Watch Moonphase (NM1082C-SAJ-BK) has arrived.

And ...

I love it.

I have had it for 3 hours now.

The lume is not as strong as my Fireman but I don't mind at all.

The 3, 6, 9 and 12 look amazing at night.

The Moon has a "Glow" like nothing I have ever seen on a watch - Well done and thank you Ball !

Now I have a problem ..... What's my next Ball going to be ?
Hi Charles,

Congrats on the arrival of your new Moon Phase! :-!

You're now a member of our growing "Moonie" Club! :-d

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
(SNIP)
p.s. I have the same 4 watch winder ha ha!

Yea, I got it cheap on eBAY. Has no rest cycle so a lamp timer solves that problem, and I use it for the beaters and the lamp timer shuts off after about 750 tpd.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Congrats on the Moonie Charles:-!:-! Mine is due to arrive Tuesday|>|>

Kind Regards
Bob:thanks

·
Banned
1,600 Posts
Perhaps we should call them 'phasers'... 'moonies' gives em a whole different connotation if you follow my drift...:roll:

·
Banned
1,600 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congrats on the Moonie Charles:-!:-! Mine is due to arrive Tuesday|>|>

Kind Regards
Bob:thanks
"Moonies" gives the watch a sinister touch .... That's for those of you who remember those times ... I do !

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here is the first picture of my new Moonphase

At last ...

I finally got round to taking a picture of my new Ball Moonphase.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Re: Here is the first picture of my new Moonphase

Looks great with the bracelet Charles. Really sweeeeet!

·
Banned
1,600 Posts

Very cool on the bracelet... imho, Ball has the finest and most comfortable bracelets I have seen on any watch... :-!

Looks great with the bracelet Charles. Really sweeeeet!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Just a bit more detail .......

And a bit closer in .....

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #20