WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I meant to post this yesterday...when it would have been more relevant :roll:.

I thought...what is a good thread for Mother's Day? How about a thread of the watches my wife owns :-!. In fact, the only reason she has any watches is because I bought them for her over the years.

There are funny (to me) little bits of information above each model :-!. Later, I plan to take some ridiculous comparison shots to some of my watches :-d.

Enjoy!

Group Shot...(forgot 2 though for this shot o|)

Left to right above are the Seiko SZZB18, the Seiko SYMD95, the Baby G BGR-3000J-7AJF and the Citizen ProMaster PMA56-2822.

The Seiko SZZB18 up close. Came on a black strap she has long since worn out. I replaced it with a much nicer genuine lizard skin from Hadley Roma. This, surprisingly, survived a trip through our "high efficiency" front loading watching machine...and dryer! Frankly...I'm impressed it's even running now. It is crazy thin too...like 15mm wide total b-), maybe 4mm thick.

The SZZB18 stock

The Seiko SYMD95 up close. She hated the bracelet (arm hair pulling folded link monstrosity that it was). I also put this one on a nice lizard skin from HR too, plus a deployant to make it last as long as possible. I have since learned that I will only get her quartz watches. I keep this on my winder, but even that won't wind it (the weight is probably just to tiny). I need to get her a dedicated winder that works. It is amazingly accurate though...about +3 seconds per day!

The SYMD95 stock

The BGR-3000J-7AJF (one of my favorites I have gotten her). Very good module with 5-band atomic and solar, plus world time, big 24hr stopwatch, 60min CDT, and 20BAR WR rating! Hard to find all this in a Baby G. And most Baby Gs have 100m ratings.

It appears she likes the Baby G quite a bit...look at the ding on the bezel!!! (just above where it says "Light")

Better shot of the Baby G

Very cool lume of the Baby G too (only the digits light up, even though it's a normal "positive" display)

Here's a good shot of the "normal" display

The Citizen PMA56-2822. She wanted a blue dial. I said "okay" :-d. This was for Valentines day most recently. I bought the matching men's version for myself, of course :-!. It looks identical to mine, other than hers has a screwdown caseback and mine is a one-piece case (both are 200m ISO rated though).

Not in the group shot, but a shot of her Timex Ironman T5D6019J. She's typically hard on watches...this one hides it's wear surprisngly well. And it's still on it's 1st battery after more than 5 years.

And lastly, the predecessor to the Baby G, a Casio DW-520. This was a gift from a fellow forumer in Singapore.

·
Registered
37,150 Posts
Nice collection! Looks like all bases covered there. And that Seiko looks very elegant. Thanks for sharing. :-!

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,590 Posts
Hi Topher,

That DW-520 model is a very cool G-Shock. It's the younger brother of the DW-500C, isn't it.

I was away from home almost all day yesterday. I have no time to show my yesterday photo's, but here you can see how we spend Mother's day
;-)

Off to bed now!

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Cool! One of these days maybe I'll have to do something about my wifes watches. Not a mom, as we have no kids, but that is not really relevant. ITs all about the watches anyway! :-d

1 - 5 of 5 Posts