WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this off the bay for $90 because I really liked the design/color of this Bulova. Came with original Bulova Excellence boxes and owners manual. The Speidel calender band looks brand new but with a couple coffee stains on the calender. Has an M9 (1969) 11BLC movement and the case is an N0 (1970). First twist of the crown and so far is running very nice. What I did find odd is the inside of the caseback has Taiwan on it. Is this normal? Do you like it?
Bobby

20150825_205211-1.jpg
20150825_205026-1.jpg
20150825_205750-1.jpg
20150825_210205-1.jpg
20150825_204955-1.jpg

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Digging it !! I love "Twist-o-Flex" bands, it a good fit for this watch.
I can not speak of the "taiwan" mark on the back, but I'm sure the Bulova experts that are around will know what it's about.
Nice find! Congrats!

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Howard.
Supposedly this was in an old jewelry shop. I don't think this caseback has been opened in years if at all since birth. The rubber seal inside was stuck to the caseback but I was able to salvage it and put it back. No marks on the caseback indicates never having been serviced by a shop anyway.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Admin at MyBulova.com had posted at one point that he contacted Bulova and they replied:

"During the 70’s, we worked with a supplier that manufactured parts out of East Asia. This accounts for various watch components being stamped with country names."

This was in response to someone else posting a watch with a caseback stamped Taiwan, as well.

Hope that helps!

Jared

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Admin at MyBulova.com had posted at one point:

"During the 70’s, we worked with a supplier that manufactured parts out of East Asia. This accounts for various watch components being stamped with country names."

This was in response to someone else posting a watch with a caseback stamped Taiwan, as well.

Hope that helps!

Jared
Thanks jared!

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
You got it, buddy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts