WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
daniel954, try laying it face down overnight to pick up your lost time. Mine keeps about the same time as yours but will even out if worn during the day and face down overnight. Every week I need to wear it overnight so it loses the small amount it gains, this way I can easily keep it just a couple of seconds fast.

·
Registered
126 Posts
- congratulation ! Steinhart belongs to these fairly new brands that deserve in opinion of many users better recognition. I use Steinhart Pilot and I am slowly thinking about acquiring Steinhart diver like yours, my Pilot with its diameter 44 mm somehow become too big for me. And let me ask: what are your impressions about lume ? how long (minutes, hours) does it keep charge/glows in night ?

·
Registered
160 Posts
- congratulation ! Steinhart belongs to these fairly new brands that deserve in opinion of many users better recognition. I use Steinhart Pilot and I am slowly thinking about acquiring Steinhart diver like yours, my Pilot with its diameter 44 mm somehow become too big for me. And let me ask: what are your impressions about lume ? how long (minutes, hours) does it keep charge/glows in night ?
Mine lasts all night.

·
Registered
469 Posts
The lume easily lasts the whole night on mine.

·
Registered
126 Posts
@ Russel44 and Bobthekelpy: thank you kindly for information about how long lume in your Steinharts lasts. Would you please, specify, how many hours is "all night" in your cases ? lume in my Steinhart Pilot NAV B-UHR 44 A-Type that I bought brand new in August 2018 lasts several minutes at it's best. I charge it by UV lamp. I stay with hope that lume in Steinhart Ocean 1 39 mm that are offered nowadays keeps charge/lasts much longer.

The long lasting lume is an important thing for me, so I have bought Tisell Submersible with it's C3 lume. Many users express many positive opinions on lume there. Unfortunately I am not able to make it shine longer then several minutes, yes, it is very bright after charging, but in no way I can make it glow "all night" means for me 6-8 hours.

·
Registered
160 Posts
@ Russel44 and Bobthekelpy: thank you kindly for information about how long lume in your Steinharts lasts. Would you please, specify, how many hours is "all night" in your cases ? lume in my Steinhart Pilot NAV B-UHR 44 A-Type that I bought brand new in August 2018 lasts several minutes at it's best. I charge it by UV lamp. I stay with hope that lume in Steinhart Ocean 1 39 mm that are offered nowadays keeps charge/lasts much longer.

The long lasting lume is an important thing for me, so I have bought Tisell Submersible with it's C3 lume. Many users express many positive opinions on lume there. Unfortunately I am not able to make it shine longer then several minutes, yes, it is very bright after charging, but in no way I can make it glow "all night" means for me 6-8 hours.
I don't bother to "charge" mine, it just uses whatever light it has picked up all day. By all night I mean all the time the sun is not shining, at least 10 hours here at this time of year.

·
Registered
469 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thank you, gentlemen for your response. I believe that natural light conditions in Australia have important, good influence on charging and lasting lume; here in winter - dark time in Eastern Europe, Poland I can barely imagine that lume will last that long, perhaps extra charge by UV lamp will be of help. In my Tisell Submersible diver there is lume C3 and I will charge it for couple of minutes with my UV lamp and will go to sleep with this watch, I'll see how the lume will behave in night (I have to take medication also in night time, so I need readable in darkness watch, I do not want to wake my Wife. So far my "night watches" are my trusty Timex Indiglo but I will try to "put to night service" also my other watches like mentioned Steinhart and Tisell..

I also thank you for directing me to this article in Hodinkee, beside the text the discussion and inputs by readers are most interesting there.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Next morning: inspired by posts above I followed the subject of natural light conditions in Australia what was not that difficult. Then I was trying to imitate that light conditions in my place as much as possible. And results are positive for me: my watch with lume C3 was easily readable after 5.5 hours.
Russel44 and Bobthekelpy: thank you again !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.