WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got my brand new 656 on a leather strap last night. At the same time I ordered the Sinn rubber strap with the small buckle. I put the rubber strap on immediate.y. The watch is beautiful in it simplicty and the craftmanship is all top notch.|>

The only disappointment is the lume, it is not very bright at all, but on the plus side the level of brightness does not seem to change all night. It was the same in the morning when I woke up as it was when I went to bed. It is so dim, though, that I really cannot read it at all until my eyes "adjust" to the dark. Nevertheless, it was a great buy and I plan on keeping the watch for a long time.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Congrats- I've always wanted one.
I finally got to see one at a Watchbuys roadshow recently- but I didn't notice the lume at the time.

·
Registered
251 Posts
The only disappointment is the lume, it is not very bright at all, but on the plus side the level of brightness does not seem to change all night. It was the same in the morning when I woke up as it was when I went to bed. It is so dim, though, that I really cannot read it at all until my eyes "adjust" to the dark. Nevertheless, it was a great buy and I plan on keeping the watch for a long time.
Sorry to hear this, as I am looking with longing at the 656 (in lieu of my Ball EMII Classic - T100 lume). "'Adjust' to the dark" is a daunting precondition--I can read my 20 yr old Datejust in the pitch black of night when my eyes have adjusted to the dark!

My criterion in considering the 656 would be readability when driving at night, when scattered light enters the car from all directions and with constantly varying light conditions. I would want to be able to read my watch with just a passing glance in those conditions. How would you say the 656 be able to deliver in those conditions?

Thanks,

Brad

1 - 3 of 3 Posts