WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to pull the trigger on a Bronze Moray 47 this week. Took me a couple of days to warm up to it, but now I'm really digging it. Had a lot of trouble deciding between green and black-some pics of the green look really dark and subdued, some appear brighter. Asked Steve several times which he thought was more accurate but he never responded, so I went with black. Hope I made the right choice!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355455842.026830.jpg

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Congrats on the pickup! It looks great. I have a 44mm version that will be here hopefully tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Just got mine in today as well. Black like yours. At the end of the day, you just can't go wrong with black, never goes out of style. :)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Looks great. Nice choice.:thumbup:

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
771 Posts
looks great!
HAGWE

Q

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the green is a dark green, like your black one too looks really nice but needed some more in green
Damn...now I really want a green one!

Anyway, decided to "reboot" my patina today to even out the finish so it hopefully isn't as spotty and streaky. Yay lemon juice! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355709910.934138.jpg

·
Registered
368 Posts
I picked up a black dial Bronze 47 as well... trying to decide on a strap. I'm thinking green leather might look awesome.

·
Registered
50 Posts
always love (and lusting over) the bronze moray.
just wondering how this 4th gen bronze moray goes with brushed hands instead of the gold ones in earlier.
find that its a little 'mis-matched' (for me that is) somehow.

anyone care to offer a view and photos?

think brown goes very well with bronze. anyone able to share a pic to show its awesomeness?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
On the 1st pick, is that patina how it came, or had you tried to artificially get patina on it?
It came like that. The watch head was wrapped in plastic but it had probably been sitting a while, so I think the parts that were exposed were patina-ing a little faster than the others. So it was kind of uneven, and rather than a nice dark finish it was more like tarnish. So I wanted to just start over so hopefully it's a bit more even.

There are still a few spots on the bezel I couldn't get out, almost dark streaks (they don't show up in my second picture). Not sure how to get them out.

I was surprised at how well the lemon juice with a little salt worked. I didn't have to rub or wipe at all-I left it in about 2 minutes and just rinsed with distilled water.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hi There,

Here's my Green Dialled Moray which I received about 2 weeks ago - I'm very pleased with my choice :)

I find it wears very well on a leather zulu. I've also been hunting around for the "right" Green Leather strap as I think it would be quite striking.

·
Registered
368 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Hope you guys don't mind me butting in. Mine came in on the 31st but was not home to get it. I was able to pick it up today and really impressed with the watch, I have been wanting a bronze diver and Benarus did not disappoint. #18 for me with the green dial and big buckle. Mine is got some patina on it already and I really like it, trying to decide if I want to "reboot it" like ottatime or leave it. Living down here on the gulf coast of Florida, it should patina a little faster.

outtatime, what method did you use to freshen yours up? I know you mentioned lemon juice and salt, but interested in how it was done. Thanks!

Ordered a Greg Stevens Horween Coffee Dublin strap with bronze stiching and flame broiled buckle for it and should have that in a week or so. Couple of pictures. Take care guys and talk to you soon!

Jason

Attachments

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Jason.
Nice watch...now I'm really regretting not going with the green dial. Anyone want to swap? :)

as far as the lemon juice, all I did was put enough Lemon juice in a bowl to cover the watch, Then I added just a little bit of salt. I put the watch head in and let it sit for a few minutes (Be sure to take the strap off!). I didn't have to scrub it at all I just swished it around a little bit. When I took it out I rinsed it in some distilled water. Simple as that!

·
Registered
368 Posts
^ great pictures. Your shots make the green dial really pop. I really need to see a green dial version in person.

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Congrats on the Bronze looks good.
Wear it and enjoy!
Robt

·
Registered
647 Posts
Hey Jason.
Nice watch...now I'm really regretting not going with the green dial. Anyone want to swap? :)

as far as the lemon juice, all I did was put enough Lemon juice in a bowl to cover the watch, Then I added just a little bit of salt. I put the watch head in and let it sit for a few minutes (Be sure to take the strap off!). I didn't have to scrub it at all I just swished it around a little bit. When I took it out I rinsed it in some distilled water. Simple as that!
Thanks, I am going to give it a month and see how the patina evolves, depending how it looks I might do the "reboot", love that term!! I appreciate the explination, seems very simple! Talk to you soon!

^ great pictures. Your shots make the green dial really pop. I really need to see a green dial version in person.
Thanks, I did not realize all the dust on the watch when I took the one front dial pic! I have been wearing the watch since I got home and the leather strap, while very soft and nice, is starting to break in and I think they will age well together. Looking forward to getting the Greg Stevens Strap and adding a bronze buckle to that! I will post a few pics once I get the new strap on the watch. He also has some olive straps that I think would look awesome. The watch really looks great in person and, to me, the pictures do not do the watch justice! A real winner here! Thanks and talk to you soon!

Jason

1 - 20 of 21 Posts