WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Moderator: F72 and F71
8,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First, my newer Kongque 33 jewel automatic

Next, my three somewhat older items:

In order: Baoshihua 17 zuan mech, Zhu Feng 17 zuan mech, and the Taihang 17 jewels mechanical.

The new family members together:

Sorry about my poor camera skills (GOTTA get a light box!), some bits of dust and the fact I haven't got 'em all exact to the second :)

Any detailed info on the watches would be appreciated.

But I'm a happy watchaholic today!

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,210 Posts
What? You just threw out a net and they swam into it?

That's a great haul :-!

The Kongque looks surprisingly modern. The Standard-based automatics coming out of Liaoning now are the new-generation version with the wide auto-winding bridge. I don't know how long they made the old 33 jewel version. Anyway, this is reputed to be one of the better Standard automatics.

Is that a military inscription on the Taihang? Nice.

Lovely colour dial on the Baoshihua. This was of course the first brand to use the Standard movement. I guess yours is a bit later as it has a date function.

As noted in recent posts, the Zhufeng is a less common Standard movement watch from Tianjin.

·
CMW & Sales Moderator
5,498 Posts
Very nice collection. :-! Thanks for sharing. I'm envious over the Zhu Feng. Where did you get it? I think the Kongque will have the Shanghai B movement, but I could be wrong.

Search around and you can find some very nice DIY lightboxes that work very well. A lamp and a few sheets of white paper work in a pinch.

If you have time, takes some pics of the casebacks and if you've got a caseback opener (or some duct tape), the movements too. Some of our friends can help with the translations on the caseback or dial and we'll be able to tell you a lot more about the movements.

Cheers,
gigfy

[Edit: looks like Chascomm beat me to the punch. WUS is running slow for us Yanks.]

·
8,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

That's a great haul :-!

The Kongque looks surprisingly modern. <snipped>
Thanks for the compliments and the information, Chascomm (you too, Gigfy!): I was actually hunting for only for older, more traditional Chinese watches but when I saw the Kongque I just had to snag that, too. It's different, but I think it's beautiful and it really doesn't look that much like a normal western watch somehow, to me anyways.

All four wind nicely, seem to be holding time well and, although I usually don't wear bracelets, the Kongque just fit really well right off the bat, so I wore it all day...

The Taihang is "for military", yes...

Here's what I do know so far: the Zhu Feng is Tianjin; the Kongque is, yup, Liaoning; the Taihang was made in Shijiazhuang
, and the Baoshihua is Shanghai #2. All of 'em are in NOS shape, wound this morning after arrival and still running fine. So far, so good :-!

·
8,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Gigfy: I'm treading kinda gingerly with the collector I'm dealing with and have another small haul in the works. If that goes OK, and if I obtain permission to share, I'll be happy to let you know where these are coming from. I'm not trying to be devious; I just don't want to be hasty or presumptuous and spoil a new relationship that seems to be working well.

I'll take some caseback photos once I work up the gumption to take the bleedin' stickers off...they even mostly came with tags!!!

Oh...and here's the prices I paid: 90 RMB for each of the three older ones and 200 for the Kongque, so 470 RMB (about $70 USD??) plus shipping for the lot. :)!!

·
CMW & Sales Moderator
5,498 Posts
Thanks. No need to broadcast your source. I just figured it was eBay. Sounds like you'll be coming in to some more nice watches soon. :-!

Cheers,
gigfy

·
Registered
25,160 Posts
Nice blue dial on the left :-!
Is this some sort of effect, or does the dial becomes white in its lower part ?
The others are pretty nice too |>

·
4,953 Posts

Is that a military inscription on the Taihang? Nice.

Lovely colour dial on the Baoshihua. This was of course the first brand to use the Standard movement. I guess yours is a bit later as it has a date function.

As noted in recent posts, the Zhufeng is a less common Standard movement watch from Tianjin.
It says 'for military' for the Taihang. Very nice.|> I don't have one yet.

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
Nice score!
I really like the Peacock. There is always something a little different about these Liaoning watches.
I've only got the one but it's one of the favourites in my collection...

Sure hope your source turns out to be reliable and with more gems like these to come :-!

·
8,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank all, very much!

The blue dial fades from darker, richer blue to sorta silver.

Alpha-Getty" your moonphase is gorgeous.

So far so good, with this source and I will be asking him if he wishes more customers, if and as soon as the next small haul works out well.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
First, my newer Kongque 33 jewel automatic

Next, my three somewhat older items:

In order: Baoshihua 17 zuan mech, Zhu Feng 17 zuan mech, and the Taihang 17 jewels mechanical.

The new family members together:

Sorry about my poor camera skills (GOTTA get a light box!), some bits of dust and the fact I haven't got 'em all exact to the second :)

Any detailed info on the watches would be appreciated.

But I'm a happy watchaholic today!
Nice Ron....:-!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts