WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received the new Promaster Air Diver's 200m...I really liked the new design from the pictures, but didn't really like the blue color scheme for the polished titanium version, or the "brownish" bezeled titanium version. The black/gold model really caught my eye, but to be honest I've never purchased a watch with gold accents ever. So I figured why not...

First off, the watch is incredibly light - I have several titanium watches and Citizens but this one is feather weight especially with the rubber strap. Makes it supremely comfortable, but takes some getting used to. The titanium gold case is brushed so it's not ostentatious, and I have to say I do like the design of the watch. The only letdown...I think the watch could be maybe 2mm larger. It's not small by any means, but with the large screw down crown and screwdown pusher, a larger overall size would match well. Having said that, it's big enough.

I like the day date function, and the build quality and lining up of the second hands are quite good, a problem that I've had with some of my other citizens. Overall, I like it - definitely recommend although I just picked it up and obviously will have to dive with it some time in the future to see how it is in the water. If anyone picks up one of the polished titanium versions, please post some pics!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Nice, make that very nice.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just a few more quick pics...

...to share with everyone. Find this model interesting 'cause it's quite different from Citizen's usual designs. Although to be fair, I've always felt Citizen has had the courage to be different with their designs, however aesthetically un-appealing I find some of them...I loved the 1000m auto's construction and quality, but I just could not get used to its looks.

Anyhow, not great photos but enjoy!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no dive timer, just the bezel. It's list is around $900, but some of our friendly online sellers will obviously have more competitive prices.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Re: just a few more quick pics...

Great catch! Not very big on gold myself but this I can do, hmmm.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Wow! Congrats! Really cool watch! Those are the 1st real life photos of that new Citizen beauty. I really like the gold/black interplay on this watch. Really classy IMO.
Please give your short term and medium report if you can since you are the 1st in the WIS world to have this beauty :) Would love to hear your feedback

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
That's really nice, I don't know if I've seen
an owners pic of the watch before. I like
it!:-!
Regards Sonny

·
Registered
114 Posts
What a great looking watch. Where can a guy like me get one:).

Joe

(sitting here waiting for the post office to deliver my used Navihawk I bought on Ebay - hope it's a keeper).

·
Registered
312 Posts
Amazing watch...was really interested when I first saw them, fell in love with the one that looked like JLC master diving chrono...but the price point was where they lost me. Congrats on yours though, look incredible!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just got back from a week's trip away from home - and brought the Diver with me. Have to say it's an extremely comfortable watch and I'm enjoying it very much. The accuracy as expected is spot on, but this model is a Japan only watch so it does not receive any of the other US/Euro/Chinese radio signals. Still, not a big problem for me as quartz accuracy is more than enough.

Not much to complain about, and it definitely has a unique look unlike any other watch that I can think of. I thought I'd be wary of the goldish/bronze two-tone look, but I really like it.

The one thing that I don't like about the watch so far is that the "DIVE" label on the dial and the day-pointer are both covered in luminous material. There's absolutely no reason I need to read the DIVE label at night, and the day-pointer is useless at night as the days are not lumed and can cause confusion with the hour hand. It's shorter, but still there's no practical purpose for it to be lumed.

Having said that, this watch is a keeper for it's unique looks and seems to be a durable beater.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts