WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Shadow is considerably better than expected. Judging from reviews on worn & wound and watchyouseek, I was afraid this watch would be too big, heavy and bold. Bold it is, but the design is so exquisite and has been so artfully executed that I would go so far as to call the Shadow a masterpiece. No, it's not for everyone and yes, reviewers were correct in calling the supple, hefty Italian rubber strap a "lint magnet." But that's my only critique. The dial has at least 2, maybe 3 shades of black indicating 12, 3, 6 & 9 o'clock and the Dievas brand; a subtle and brilliant solution to keeping the face clean and minimalist. These are visible only in certain lights. Yes. it's heavy, but it doesn't feel heavy. Can't explain. And just knowing that the gorgeous matte black treatment of the watch body & lugs will never get scuffed or scratched is a big relief. Plus, you can see what time it is, without your glasses if you wear them, at a distance and at night. The lume is great. The last shot was taken yesterday at the creek where I go to paint pleine air.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
That's a bold and fun looking watch! Dievas makes some unique watches. Congrats on your new Shadow!

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
I'm a Dievas fan... I have the Focal which is essentially the same case.

The only thing I really dislike, is the rubber bracelet. It collects lint like crazy, and if you expose it to chlorine it takes on this foggy residue.

Other than that, it's really a sensational watch.

Looks great on you too. Wear it in the best of health!

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
I like Dievas takes design risks. Interesting, good looking watch.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Congrats! That is a sharp and very cool watch by a very cool company. I love my Dievas and am a big fan of a lot of their new ones. Enjoy your stealthy new time piece. :-!

-Shawn

·
Registered
6,681 Posts
Somewhat different, but striking! Enjoy in good health!

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Damn, that is a nice looking watch. Wish it were 5% smaller (or my wrists were 5% bigger suppose). Love that factory destro. Congratulations and wear it in good health!

·
Registered
29,076 Posts
With that nice and thick rubber strap, it looks very comfy on the wrist, and certainly not something you see everyday.

Nice artwork too by the way.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts