WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I wasn't looking for a new watch and had no interest in a retro diver either but I in lockdown boredom I found myself on the Oris website and boom... I was sold.

Next day I managed to get a UK AD to match a grey dealer price of 20% off the RRP of £1700 here in the UK and well, the rest is history as they say. That was Thursday, watch was dispatched yesterday and arrived 11am today. So kudos to C W Sellors. My first purchase with them and wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Right enough said, pics...

20200516_114201.jpg 20200516_114231.jpg 20200516_114340.jpg 20200516_114435.jpg 20200516_114602.jpg 20200516_114624.jpg 20200516_114951.jpg 20200516_115525.jpg 20200516_120010.jpg 20200516_120028.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
Neat! I love the combo of dial color and bronze bezel.

Enjoy your beautiful sideways watch!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First impressions... This is one classy diver!

Dial is stunning as it the finishing on the watch case. The bezel has a tiny bit of play compared to my SMP 300m but having never handled a Sixty-Five before I've no idea if this is the norm and/or to be expected or not. Can't say it bothers me.

I'd never heard of Momotaro until a couple of days ago and although I do like the strap this purchase was all about the dial for me. I will be visiting the Oris boutique in London at some point in the future though as I'm a sucker for a rubber strap and like the look of the tropic for the Sixty-Five.

One bonus is the missus liked it!

Reactions: Barge

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Congrats it is a beauty.
Is a photo of the back of the strap possible, thx

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ask you you shall receive...
20200516_194731.jpg 20200516_194737.jpg

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's not very pliable at the moment but I fully expect the leather/denim to become more supple with wear/age.

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
Congrats on your new Momotaro Divers Sixty-Five Special Edition. Thanks for the pics - the green dial with its yellow/gold indices and handset accents make it a stunning dial. An interesting motif on the underside of the strap — with some googling, it turns out to be the coat of arms for Momotaro family. Enjoy your new Oris diver.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
61,773 Posts
Not all that keen on the strap but the head more than makes up for it. Congratulations on a lovely watch.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Stuck it on a Tropic...
A27C2F9A-0DDC-483A-BDFC-2545287C7FEA.jpeg

Reactions: NC_Hager626

·
Registered
760 Posts
Congratulations, thats a pretty awesome mint green gradation dial. I’m not a big fan of the strap though somehow, but nonetheless great pick up!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Congratulations! Love this watch. Not crazy about the strap, but the tropic looks great. Any insight on how the bronze ages?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
So far it has stayed as new and looks similar to rose gold. I’m not a massive fan of patina on my watches so the bronze bezel was concern.

I’ve seen a video online where a guy submerses his bronze Pointer Date in lemon juice to restore it. Will have to give that a go if/when the bronze starts to dull/oxidise.

Loving the tropic too!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Just ordered one!!..should be wearing it by the end of next week..decided to try it out out on the bi-color bracelet..pics to follow...btw, got a 15% discount from my dealer..

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just ordered one!!..should be wearing it by the end of next week..decided to try it out out on the bi-color bracelet..pics to follow...btw, got a 15% discount from my dealer..
Congrats. Looking forward to pics.

Reactions: Thunder1

·
Registered
4 Posts
A beautiful watch! Congratulations on the purchase and thank you for posting this. I found myself in exactly the same position; I was not in the market for a new watch particularly but somehow came across the Momotaro special edition and was instantly taken. Oris had never been on my radar before - I have seen them advertised in the past and always thought they were handsome watches, but had never actually looked into them - and I fell in love with the style of the Divers 65 straightaway. It is for me the perfect diver (in terms of style at least; admittedly the 100m water resistance may not be enough to qualify as a true diver - but it is certainly ample for me).

Your post helped with my decision and I placed an order for the watch (with 15% discount) last week. It has arrived and I absolutely love it. This might not be news to anyone here but I couldn't be more impressed by the quality of the watch; I previously had been looking at Omegas and Blancpains, and it wouldn't have occurred to me to try a more mid-market brand. I think it truly is a phenomenal watch for the money (and the 40mm case size is a perfect fit). I would heartily recommend anyone in the market for a good diver with vintage styling and a reasonable case size gives it a look.

I really like it on your tropic strap and thought I might try changing the strap myself. I am struggling to get the spring bars to release using my spring bar tool; did you have any trouble with this, and if so, did you use any particular trick to manage it?

So I wasn't looking for a new watch and had no interest in a retro diver either but I in lockdown boredom I found myself on the Oris website and boom... I was sold.

Next day I managed to get a UK AD to match a grey dealer price of 20% off the RRP of £1700 here in the UK and well, the rest is history as they say. That was Thursday, watch was dispatched yesterday and arrived 11am today. So kudos to C W Sellors. My first purchase with them and wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Right enough said, pics...

View attachment 15128131 View attachment 15128133 View attachment 15128135 View attachment 15128137 View attachment 15128139 View attachment 15128141 View attachment 15128143 View attachment 15128145 View attachment 15128147 View attachment 15128149

·
Registered
4 Posts
Also, in case anyone else is considering the watch and would find additional pictures helpful, please find a few below. The green dial is always going to be a little polarizing I think, but I can only say it looks more beautiful in real life than in photographs, and it makes me smile every time I look at it.

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I really like it on your tropic strap and thought I might try changing the strap myself. I am struggling to get the spring bars to release using my spring bar tool; did you have any trouble with this, and if so, did you use any particular trick to manage it?
Glad my pics helped and welcome to the club!

From recollection the only difficulty with removing the strap is the strap itself. Being new and denim/leather it wasn't very pliable so access to the spring bars was limited. I used a Bergeon 6767-F tool and manged to break the tip of one of the forks but that was esaily replaced.

I do like the denim strap with the stripes, suits the watch perfectly IMO but I'm loving the tropic too.

I recently removed the rubber strap on my SMP 300m and found that much easier.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts