WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK....most of you knew Rick Denney made me do this (LOL), but I'm so glad he did! It came today and I'm extremely impressed. I had actually not seen one in person. The pictures, don't do it justice. It's really a nice piece. Feels great on my wrist. And while I don't normally like deployment clasps, this one is infinitely adjustable, and the alligator leather is really nicely done. Oh, the red stitching on the leather, really is cool too.

So, without further ado, here are some pictures as I KNOW pictures are mandatory and I don't want to disappoint:

Ebel Forum 7.JPG Ebel Forum 5.JPG Ebel Forum 8.JPG Ebel Forum 2.JPG Ebel Forum 4.JPG Ebel Forum 6.JPG

I must admit I'm waaaaay more stoked about this great piece than I thought I might be. And to own a piece of history is nice.

·
Registered
6,689 Posts
Saw your other thread. Pretty funny.

Congrats on your new Ebel 1911 BTR 137 . It is gorgeous. Enjoy!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Good to here that you're happy with it. After reading all the posts about the deals at the movado outlets I actually called the seatlle outlet mall store(not actually in Seattle) to see if they had them. Fortunately or unfortunately they do. I say fortunately because I want one and unfortunately because I don't think it's in the budget although I'm working on that. If they still have them next month I'll have to cross the border(I'm Canadian) and pick one up. I really think you scored with that one. Congrats.

Sent from my Arc using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Congrats! Looks great, I'm super excited about my arrival too.

·
Banned
2,843 Posts
Gorgeous. Just gorgeous!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Definitely worth the wait! That movement is definitely a thing of beauty!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Now Im really excited! Mine should be here Thursday.

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good to here that you're happy with it. After reading all the posts about the deals at the movado outlets I actually called the seatlle outlet mall store(not actually in Seattle) to see if they had them. Fortunately or unfortunately they do. I say fortunately because I want one and unfortunately because I don't think it's in the budget although I'm working on that. If they still have them next month I'll have to cross the border(I'm Canadian) and pick one up. I really think you scored with that one. Congrats.

Sent from my Arc using Tapatalk 2
I hope they have one available, but if there's any way to move your time table up, it would be good. They're selling out all over the place.

Saw your other thread. Pretty funny.

Congrats on your new Ebel 1911 BTR 137 . It is gorgeous. Enjoy!
Thanks Ramblin Man!

Congrats! Looks great, I'm super excited about my arrival too.
As well you should! That new Rolex is really beautiful. So HAPPY for you!

Gorgeous. Just gorgeous!
Thanks so much!

Very nice indeed...congrats!
I agree with your comment on the deployant. Ebel's deployant design is the best I have come across to date.
Must admit I'm really surprised as I truly tend to dislike deployant's, but this one is fantastic. I had read that Ebel's leather on these watches is top notch and it is for sure.

Definitely worth the wait! That movement is definitely a thing of beauty!
I think the movement is truly beautiful! Thanks so much!

Now Im really excited! Mine should be here Thursday.
Since you and I got the exact same watch, I'm you'll be REALLY happy when it arrives. You have to post pics too!

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Wow! That looks WAY better on your wrist than it did on mine. How does it feel to STEAL such an amazing timepiece?

I can't get over how comfortable it looks on your wrist! Congratulations my friend, I can't wait for my GMT to arrive!!!

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
I have to say all of these buys make me self righteously jealous!!!! You are all out of your minds (and I want to be too, soooooooo bad). But, the wife has the purse strings on the watch fund closed until Father's Day....

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I still can't comprehend how these are being sold soooooo cheap. Its a watch that you'd be lucky to get for upwards of 3k imo. It fits in to your collection very nicely, I'd love to see a group shot to get an idea of what your watch family looks like now.

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow! That looks WAY better on your wrist than it did on mine. How does it feel to STEAL such an amazing timepiece?

I can't get over how comfortable it looks on your wrist! Congratulations my friend, I can't wait for my GMT to arrive!!!
Thanks Max! It may well be the most comfortable watch I own. It felt immediately perfect. Not many watches feel that good that fast. I can't wait to see pics of the GMT when it arrives. I asked Matt to let me know when it comes into the Orlando store. He's also going to check it out and make sure it's perfect. I wouldn't want to have a hand in helping you get a 2nd defective watch.

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I still can't comprehend how these are being sold soooooo cheap. Its a watch that you'd be lucky to get for upwards of 3k imo. It fits in to your collection very nicely, I'd love to see a group shot to get an idea of what your watch family looks like now.
The sticker that came on the watch showed a discounted price of $4990. That's $1K off MSRP. To get it for $1785 is like taking candy from a baby (only I was given total permission to do so and they even sent a hand written thank you card for my selfless purchase!).

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Thanks Max! It may well be the most comfortable watch I own. It felt immediately perfect. Not many watches feel that good that fast. I can't wait to see pics of the GMT when it arrives. I asked Matt to let me know when it comes into the Orlando store. He's also going to check it out and make sure it's perfect. I wouldn't want to have a hand in helping you get a 2nd defective watch.
I really do appreciate your help Rod...

Sadly it would be my 3rd... I got a faulty Bremont in the summertime that took 2 and a half months to sort out. I'm lucky that way:)

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I really do appreciate your help Rod...

Sadly it would be my 3rd... I got a faulty Bremont in the summertime that took 2 and a half months to sort out. I'm lucky that way:)
No offense, but I'll keep my luck instead of yours.......One would never expect to get a defective Bremont or a defective Montblanc. At least they've both been taken care of.

Max, helping you is a pleasure and I appreciate the friendship we've developed. If the Republican National Convention hadn't descended on Tampa, we would not have fled town. We would have never walked into the AD I purchased my Capeland Flyback from. Meaning I probably wouldn't have joined this forum. And I would have missed making great friends with terrific people like you. No offense to anyone who is Republican, but I guess I'm glad they took over Tampa for a week afterall........LOL

Reactions: Doboji

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
Man, this isn't helping the fact that I've been warming up to these Ebels. I can't even consider the watch, sadly, because it's too big for my wrist.

Loving its funky style.

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Man, this isn't helping the fact that I've been warming up to these Ebels. I can't even consider the watch, sadly, because it's too big for my wrist.

Loving its funky style.
What size if your wrist? I was sure it would fit large as it's 44.5mm, but it doesn't fit as big as my Capeland Flyback which is 44mm.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
No offense, but I'll keep my luck instead of yours.......One would never expect to get a defective Bremont or a defective Montblanc. At least they've both been taken care of.

Max, helping you is a pleasure and I appreciate the friendship we've developed. If the Republican National Convention hadn't descended on Tampa, we would not have fled town. We would have never walked into the AD I purchased my Capeland Flyback from. Meaning I probably wouldn't have joined this forum. And I would have missed making great friends with terrific people like you. No offense to anyone who is Republican, but I guess I'm glad they took over Tampa for a week afterall........LOL
LOVE it. My story is pretty crazy as well... I ended up here because my Oris that my wife bought me for our wedding 7 years ago was stolen from my locker at the gym. One thing you'll learn about me is I don't get mad... I go hydra... I had one watch... I got robbed.. now I have that watch again, many more, a wealth of knowledge about horology and some amazing new friends such as yourself.

As my father always says.... the best revenge is doing well:)

Reactions: RBrylawski

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
What size if your wrist? I was sure it would fit large as it's 44.5mm, but it doesn't fit as big as my Capeland Flyback which is 44mm.
It's about 6 inches. Personally, I think I struggle with my new Omega, so this one just opens a whole 'nother can of worms. I'm in no position to get another watch right now, but I can dream, right?

1 - 20 of 83 Posts