WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

My new Erhard Junghans Tempus automatic.

9K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  v76 
#1 ·
I got the watch earlier today. The presentation box was quite snazzy (and large!) ... outer blue cardboard box, and leather-inner-lined inner blue box.

The watch is really nice ... the lugs and case are polished at the top and bottom and brushed at the sides. Though the crown is small(ish), it is finely knurled and easy to grip (and has the same logo as on the dial).

The movement is nicely finished, looks pretty in that display back. From one of Mike's earlier posts (and from a search), I understand it is a modified Grand Seiko cal. 9S5x movement (designated as J830 by Junghans). It has 28 jewels, a 48+ hour power reserve and beats at 28,800vph, of course.

This model has a nice croc deployant with a signed buckle. Some images of the actual watch (wears about right for a 42mm dia. case., I suppose) ...

And, finally a wrist-shot:

I got this watch with quite a handsome discount, so it represents very good value in my eyes (whatever that means! :-d). It is my second German watch after a Stowa Antea auto w/ date, but definitely not my last! ;-)

See less See more
#20 ·
The "tractor" (base movement) is a Seiko cal. 9S5x. I suppose SII would have a different designation for the base when it's not in a Grand Seiko.

Thank you!

Nice choice. Congrats!
Thank you very much!

Beautiful watch. Wear it in good health.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.