WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends,
i`m from Portugal and got my first vintage watch, or at least a little vintage
since theres a tons of other vintage watchs, older than this one.
But its my first one and i love it. I dont know anything about the brand, but i got it because of the dial and case design.
It cost to me 150€, and gave it a light polish, nothing big deal.
It measures at 3 o clock 40mm.
Like i said, unfortunately i dont know the brand so, if someone knows something, please tell it.
Thanks and best regards to all.

IMG_1784.JPG IMG_1786.JPG IMG_1785.JPG

·
Registered
7,775 Posts
The only two Zephyr trademarks in Mikrolisk are registered to the Waterbury Clock Co. (Timex) and Elgin, registered in 1935 and 1936 respectively. This one doesn't look like it could have been made by one of them. It's a fairly typical 1970s design- if you want to know more, you'll have to open it up and post pictures of the movement and the inner side of the case back.

Reactions: Dan S and busmatt
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks for that information. I want to open it but i need to buy the tool first. I`m curious too about what type of movement theres inside.
Once i got it i will ask some help to figure the movement type.

6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IMG_1889.JPG IMG_1856.JPG IMG_1859.JPG IMG_1881.JPG IMG_1890.JPG

I cleaned the dial a little, has u can see in first pics of this thread, theres was some spots outside the red dots, at the date window. Im not expert, it was the first time i made this.
Crown was dirty too. Spent more or less 2 hours doing it. it seems a little better now.

Attachments

6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cotton sticks doesn t seem very good to use because it gets stuck a little on the dial and then u need to check if theres some to take it out.
But for a newbie its fine. I soaked the cotton with wd40 and made a edge to see what happens first.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
WD40 is a petroleum based product and depending on the dial finish could well end up discoloring and or eating up the original finish, or leaving stains in the near future. At the very least it ends up getting "sticky" over time.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Not sure what you are trying to achieve there, apart from damaging the dial, your watch looks good in the first photo so I would have left it at that. If you want perfection then go to the High Street and buy a new watch.

·
Registered
7,775 Posts
And the movement picture?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts