WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Moderator Public Forum
10,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to thank Markus (aka cnmark) for his service in supplying my new Fortis Cosmonaut Day/Date. For some time i had been looking for a decent watch that combined a pilot or military style dial and hands with the functionality of a divers bezel and WR 200M and the Fortis is the perfect combination. It's also just the right size for my slim wrist.

In fact, i liked it so much i couldn't resist buying another one with a blueish dial i came across on a used watch site. I was a bit disappointed when i received it, the external AR coating had deteriorated quite badly. So, after reading some comments on another thread, i took a stiff shot of whisky (that part was optional), and took to the crystal with a cotton tip and some Autosol polish. Fifteen minutes later and the result was a clean unmarked crystal with a clear view of the beautiful dial. I then replaced the bracelet with a Hadley Roma leather strap with blue stitching and edging, which i think is a nice match. Given their similarities, i may end up flipping the blue one eventually, but for now i am enjoying having the choice of wearing either of my two new 'grails'.

Cheers, and happy Easter all.

Attachments

·
Registered
853 Posts
Nice - x2!
Laughing on the shot before the polish.
I love that blue one - I keep trying to get one on ebay.
Keep getting outbid. Have to loosen up I guess - maybe take a shot before I bed too :-!

·
Moderator Public Forum
10,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice - x2!
Laughing on the shot before the polish.
I love that blue one - I keep trying to get one on ebay.
Keep getting outbid. Have to loosen up I guess - maybe take a shot before I bed too :-!
I know the feeling. It's a real bummer getting outbid, especially if it's during the final minutes (or seconds!) of an auction. Anyway i'm pretty sure i'll sell the blue one before long. I can't see both of them getting enough wrist time to warrant keeping both in the long term. If you're interested i'd be happy to give you first option prior to listing, or at least inform you when i have listed it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts