WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been lurking on this site for a while and looking at all the cool watches and learning. well today i finally get to contribute. I had this G-shock probably back in 97 or 98, it was my paramedic school graduation present to myself. It was my first G-shock and my favorite. I lost it one year and never could find it and I've been looking to replace it ever since. I stumbled upon it on ebay and few days ago and saw this ad for this watch. i was hesitant at first because it didn't work but the seller said it just needed a battery and that it was practically brand new. well, since I've been searching for years i took a leap of faith, bid on it and won!

the watch showed up today and wow was i surprised. this watch was brand new, not a scratch on it, i don't even think the velcro was ever strapped. the seller said he was a fashion photographer and that the watch was worn for 15 min for a shoot and put in a drawer.

anyways, i found the battery replacement thread on WUS as well and did it myself with no issues and now i have my personal "grail" back in my possession fully working again!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

·
Registered
922 Posts
Great way to get back into watches. Welcome to the club. Beware of what happens here. You'll be broke in no time.

Mike

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys. i already have my eye on a dw5600 and next year for my 40th birthday im going to ask the wife or save for a frogman or a mtg.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
Interesting story! Congrats on your 'vintage' G-Shock! ;-)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Congrats mate, great looking watch:-!

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Nice old style 'G' there. I have a few with the velcro strap as well. They are not my favourite I must admit being a bit bulky for my small wrists but they certainly are comfortable.

How do you find it?

Mitch

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome to the forum.

Nice old style 'G' there. I have a few with the velcro strap as well. They are not my favourite I must admit being a bit bulky for my small wrists but they certainly are comfortable.

How do you find it?

Mitch
i have searched ebay every day for months, finally found it last week. bid on it and won.

now with this forum i have discovered watch recon........im in trouble!

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
abandon-all-hope.jpeg

:-d :-d :-d

1 - 12 of 12 Posts