WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well it arrived today, is my firs g shock ever, so im very happy. no good pictures but i just want to show it to you guys. is a Gulfman g-9100-1.i loved the desing. i also love the riseman but it was to expensive, so what can you tell me about this gulfman model, tell me what you know

Attachments

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
well it arrived today, is my firs g shock ever, so im very happy. no good pictures but i just want to show it to you guys. is a Gulfman g-9100-1.i loved the desing. i also love the riseman but it was to expensive, so what can you tell me about this gulfman model, tell me what you know

Welcome to the forum Juank

I like the gulfman very much it ends up on my wrist the most at this time. I have the black one like yours and also the Triple Crown very cool light blue. my son has the dark blue one. I am going to get the new ICERC Gulfman this weekend :) :) riseman might be next. if you need help with programing the tide moon phase check out this page lots of great info

http://mygshock.com/wiki/Moon_and_Tide_Graph_Settings

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
thanx so much jesterca, i am needing tha info. great!

your welcome. good luck i know the evening after i programed mine it said it should be 1/4 moon. i went outside and it was. :)

·
Registered
833 Posts
Don't know much about it as I don't have one, but I do know that it is a very good watch and a favorite of some of our members. So wear with prideb-)

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
...and it BEGINS!!!

Welcome to the forum, Juank.

The Gulfman is a great model. You will find there are a few varieties of this from the 25th anniversary collection. Dawn Black, Master Blue, Ocean Grey, and a brand new one, Ocean Blue(?) someone correct me on that name? Of course all of them are expensive as heck by now.

Interstingly, some of these do NOT have the tidegraph that make it a Gulfman like yours.

Anyways, you have a TON of choices if you decide on other models! Look around in the forum, you'll find a lot of great resources for info.

"search" is your friend

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
...and it BEGINS!!!

Welcome to the forum, Juank.

The Gulfman is a great model. You will find there are a few varieties of this from the 25th anniversary collection. Dawn Black, Master Blue, Ocean Grey, and a brand new one, Ocean Blue(?) someone correct me on that name? Of course all of them are expensive as heck by now.

Interstingly, some of these do NOT have the tidegraph that make it a Gulfman like yours.

Anyways, you have a TON of choices if you decide on other models! Look around in the forum, you'll find a lot of great resources for info.

"search" is your friend

I think the name is ocean grey. the newest is the ICERC clear jelly bezel strap with a whale in the el very cool. this link was posted several weeks back by another member but i like to keep bringing it back because its soo coool :-d

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtXn9-tdMz4

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Juank,

Welcome to the forum and the G-Shock family. It always starts so innocently. Just one G please. Then it goes from there. Before you know it, you will be addicted just like the rest of us. :-d:-db-)

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
Hola Juan,

Now I'm seeing the Gulfman you talked about on your other thread. Nice start, Juan.

That Gulfman is a recent model, part of the new Master of G series, which are G-Shocks with special functions, like in this case the moon/tide graph. The new Master of G series is formed by the Mudman, the Gulfman and the Riseman. They are among the most distinctive G-Shocks you can find today.

To learn more about G-Shocks and especially the Master of G series, old and new, I would suggest that you visit the site on the link below, G-Peopleland. There you'll have a lot of fun. G-Peopleland was founded by this forum's founder and one of its moderators, Sjors, from the Netherlands:

http://www.g-peopleland.com/

Bienvenido de nuevo al foro, Juan. :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
I was cruising through Target this afternoon to pick up some disposable razors and walked out with a my first ever G-Shock to boot--a G-100. :-! Nice watch, I like the "reverse" LCD w/dual time since it's not so bright as to distract from the analog display and become confusing. Now to research some different straps for it...I'm thinking NATO but the lug width seems a bit narrow.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts