WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well it arrived yesterday morning at 9 in the morning. A bit choked about that because it was a Saturday, and I really wanted to sleep in. But once I realized it was my package, all those sour feelings went away.

Hiding amidst the packaging

One thing that I was wondering about is why I didn't get that can type packaging. Obviously it's not a big deal but I think those tin cans are cool.

The box

There it is

In the flesh

Case back

So I love this watch. I think it looks great, it feels great and it works great. I really appreciate little things like the different tone of beep when you hit the Home Site Time mode. And the Auto EL when you turn your wrist.

As other people have said, the strap is a resin and it is glossy... but a nice glossy. Of course it has a tide graph and moon data which I don't think I'll ever use, but I guess it's nice to have it just in case.

In terms of setting it up, I think I did it OK, but maybe if someone could confirm that would be great. I did the following:

I set my UTC differential first which is +1, then I just set the time using time.gov. So hopefully that's OK.

[strikethrough]One last thing, I just noticed, as I'm writing this that the screen seems weird all of a sudden. You know the parts of the screen that get lit up but aren't used if there's nothing to show at the moment. For example the number part is like an 8 made out of 7 parts, and only certain parts are shown according to the time. Well it seems like when I look at the watch normally those un-used "pieces" are really noticeable all of a sudden.

Is it because of the flash from my camera?

(PS - I hope that made sense... what I just said)[/strikethrough]

Update: A few more pictures of the strap and buckle. (And my old watch)

Also a little update on the timekeeping side of things. I have had the watch 1 week now and it is still reading the exact same time as time.gov. So that's great!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi SN,

Great watch! Congratulations. Now, do not forget to buy the Saturday Volkskrant and to check your mail, mr. Post-It man;-):-d

Cheers,

Sjors
Haha, thanks for reminding me. I was wondering if anybody would notice that post it.
That's a wee black beauty mate! Congrats...:-!
Thanks!

Congrats on a lovely GLX-5600. ;-)

Cheers,
MountainMike
Thanks a lot!

Congrats on the new G-Lide! Great pictures.

Surf's up, dude! b-)
Thanks, surfs up to you as well!

On another note, that thing that I was talking about with the "pieces" has seemed to go back to normal again. Weird!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats, the GLX 5600 series is one of my faves! Simple and functional. Enjoy!!!
Agreed! Simple, stylish yet funtional, like you said! I'm already itching for another G, the G7800; because the GLX5600 is my only watch right now. But I think I'll wait till the price drops a bit, and for some better pictures of it in real life, and perhaps a comparison picture with the GLX5600.;-)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
128 Posts
Really, that's odd that I didn't get the tin case. May I ask where you bought it from?
I got mine from a member here on WUS. It looks like it came via Europe, based on the packaging and the barcode on the box (GLX-5600-1ER). I wanted a basic DW5600, and this one fit the bill. :-!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Nice watch, Nice Pics, I like the glossy look to it.

·
Registered
35,399 Posts
Really, that's odd that I didn't get the tin case.
My understanding is that not all the watches (even the same models) come with the tin can. It's highly dependent on who you bought it from, and what location it originated from as well.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I got mine from a member here on WUS. It looks like it came via Europe, based on the packaging and the barcode on the box (GLX-5600-1ER). I wanted a basic DW5600, and this one fit the bill. :-!
That could be it, my barcode says GLX-5600-1DR, not quite sure what that means. And it has some Japanese symbols on the back of the box. So maybe it's out of Japan? Then again it had an English manual. So I dunno?!

Nice watch, Nice Pics, I like the glossy look to it.

My understanding is that not all the watches (even the same models) come with the tin can. It's highly dependent on who you bought it from, and what location it originated from as well.
I see, I just assumed that all watches of the same model would come with the same box.

With the warranty, how does that work exactly. There is automatically a 1 year warranty I believe but in my manual it says that if I register for something I get an extra year.

I was also wondering if it's possible to turn a setting on so when I press a button say switching modes that the light turns on automatically, so I could see which mode I'm on.

Also... what does the SIG thing does in alarms, I'm slightly puzzled, I read the manual but I'm confused as to if it should stay at :00 all the time.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
That could be it, my barcode says GLX-5600-1DR, not quite sure what that means. And it has some Japanese symbols on the back of the box. So maybe it's out of Japan? Then again it had an English manual. So I dunno?!
'DR' means export model.

I was also wondering if it's possible to turn a setting on so when I press a button say switching modes that the light turns on automatically, so I could see which mode I'm on.
Sorry, not possible.

Also... what does the SIG thing does in alarms, I'm slightly puzzled, I read the manual but I'm confused as to if it should stay at :00 all the time.
'SIG' = hourly chime. There's no other duration that can be set for this so the timer stays on :00.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
This is a little out of date, but summarises most of what we know about prefixes and suffixes. Casio doesn't make it easy for us by coming up with new ones that may or may not have any real meaning -

1 - 20 of 24 Posts