WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Tissot PR 516 GL, Sea-Gull 1963, Seiko SKXA35, Seiko Cocktail Time, Vostok Komandirskie
2,765 Posts
Cool watch. I am curious to learn more about the HMT Slim model, as I could not find any info on it. I saw a blue one on Etsy and thought it might be a franken based on a Pilot dial. But now your post makes me realize that the Slim is a legit HMT watch.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool watch. I am curious to learn more about the HMT Slim model, as I could not find any info on it. I saw a blue one on Etsy and thought it might be a franken based on a Pilot dial. But now your post makes me realize that the Slim is a legit HMT watch.
Well, it really can be a franken. I bought it in the bay, but I can not find any relevant info about it.

·
Registered
656 Posts
But now your post makes me realize that the Slim is a legit HMT watch.
I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure that the Slim is not an official HMT model. Looking at the pictures above, the case looks like a non plated version of the case for the HMT Sona, the hands look like the correct hands for a Sona, and the dial also looks like a green painted version of the Sona dial. I'd wager that, if the movement inside is an HMT marked movement, then the watch above is likely a refurbished HMT Sona with a painted dial, and new indices. I'd check the movement and if it does in fact have an HMT stamp on in, then you've got yourself an HMT Watch with some 2nd Party work done to it!

·
Registered
14 Posts
When I enquired about whether or not the Slim was in fact a franken, I got this response back from a seller: "191703087870 this is the item no of the watch and this is not sona it is slim.". Either way, it looks quite tempting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts