WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Re: My new HMT Pilot watch from India

That is a new watch right? The invoice quotes 927 rupees; US$23?

Erik_H

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

That is a new watch right? The invoice quotes 927 rupees; US$23?

Erik_H
yes, it is a new watch, but similar models have been bulit by HMT for the indian army since the 1960s and the movement is still the same. HMT started making watches in 1962. Citizen helped them building a movement and watch fabrication in the 60s and they still produce the machanical movements like in these times. But now they also build quarz watches.

·
Banned
21,244 Posts

One of the screws look - well - rusted?
I will see if I can order one. US$ 23!!!!! For Gods sake, that is incredibly cheap!!!

·
Banned
21,244 Posts

Found the factory site. But not where ti buy one. Where did you buy yours? Really cool watches! ISO 9001 certified! WOW!

·
Banned
21,244 Posts

Nobody knows where to buy one? Please?

·
Banned
21,244 Posts

I have just emailed them. Mike, interested in getting one for your collection? I am definitevely!
The watch looks like it was made in the 60ies. Just check out the dial, markers etc...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I have just emailed them. Mike, interested in getting one for your collection? I am definitevely!
The watch looks like it was made in the 60ies. Just check out the dial, markers etc...
Yes, they still build watches like in the 60s

·
Banned
21,244 Posts

Which means aplying the dial paint /colour with a brush and the markers with whatever? A thin stick? :-d
But whatever, I think it is a wonderful "Retro" design! I just hope I can get hold of some of their production. |> !

G

·

Well you can´t go wrong for that money |>
Let me know what they respond. TIA

·
Watchuseek Journalist
1,787 Posts

Janne count me in :-!

I should have gone to their store when I was in Bangalore o|

I remember having a conversation with a gentleman in Singapore Tempus event who mentioned that HMT movements are low level Miyota. Please let me qualify that I do not know the accuracy of the information since I am unable to verify it.

Cheers,
Bhanu

·
Banned
21,244 Posts

They look like low level everything! :-d
But I think that that is the charm with watches like these. Also, in my experience, it is the low level/tech stuff that works. And works. And works....
I will (if they respond) buy a bunch of them, say 25 or so, and interested Forum Members can buy them from me.
The cost will be what I pay plus shipping to the buyer. I do not intend make any profit, this is just for fun!
If a prospective buyer wants, he can donate some money to the local Rotary Club where 100 % of it will go to charity.
I think the Manufacture (!) will be more inclined to sell if I order a larger amount than one or two.
You should check out what they offer. Check out the"Appearence Parts"! I love that superb dial with the blue skinned god/child on. I guess they still have winter in the Himalayas!

·
Registered
369 Posts

Your watch looks good :-!.
hmt pilot is not in production any more, but occasionally you can find some old stock. Recently I bought two one for me and another for a friend. hmt pilot costs only INR (Indian Rupees) 515 ($13 approximately).

·
Banned
21,244 Posts

F..k! But it is still listed on the website???? If not can you source some more? And maybe take over my idea with voluntary contributions to Rotary?
In fact, Rotary International and the Gates Foundation has now a priority, to eradicate POLIO in India, Afganistan and a few other countries!
From your Alias, I believe you are from the Indian subcontinent? So this cause is quite important for your area! What do you say?

·
Registered
369 Posts

Old models of hmt watches are hard to find, I found my hmt pilot old stock at a local watch shop. hmt company is having a web site showing recent models, but it is not a sales portal. Even though hmt pilot model is discontinued, you can see it in hmt web site.

I feel the only way to find old hmt watches is to search local watch shops.

1 - 20 of 181 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.