WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thumbnail.jpg

Hi all, I'm trying to figure out what is it on the under side of the glass, for me it looks like a greasy fingerprint! (The watch has never been opened!)
Only visible from a certain angle. The Laco Hof.

·
Premium Member
20,242 Posts
Sometimes it is easier to just email customer support than to create a post.

In the end, you will still need to communicate with Laco if you expect Laco to do something about it.

I do not know what this post seeks to achieve?

·
Vendor
368 Posts
Hi all, I'm trying to figure out what is it on the under side of the glass, for me it looks like a greasy fingerprint! (The watch has never been opened!) Only visible from a certain angle. The Laco Hof.
Hello loqv75,

it's a pity that you didn't contact us directly before posting here... The Hof is a model which is already sold out since several years and was sold from us directly the last time in 2016.
As already mentioned in former posts, we have a high quality control at Laco and no watch will be send out without an optical control to make sure, there are no dust deposits, lints or fingerprints in or at the watch.
Can you please tell us where you bought the watch and if you bought is as new watch or as used one?

·
Moderator at Large
53,216 Posts
So sad to see all these QC errors with Laco.
The watch is discontinued since 2016 and possibly rested at least three years in some stock ? Imho not a QC issue Laco is responsible for.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello loqv75,

it's a pity that you didn't contact us directly before posting here... The Hof is a model which is already sold out since several years and was sold from us directly the last time in 2016.
As already mentioned in former posts, we have a high quality control at laco and no watch will be send out without an optical control to make sure, there are no dust deposits, lints or fingerprints in or at the watch.
Can you please tell us where you bought the watcha nd if you bought is as new watch or as used one?
Well, to be honest I was not very motivated to contact you by email since in the past for a similar problem I had been completely ignored.

·
Vendor
368 Posts
Well, to be honest I was not very motivated to contact you by email since in the past for a similar problem I had been completely ignored.
We are sorry that your last chance to contact us in the past seemed to be ignored.
But to be honest it's not the best way either to write here and don't give us the chance to reply directly... :think:
Is there any chance that the watch was opened before as it was bought in used condition?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I felt embarrassed too when I was ignored, anyway I'm happy with the watch and I'm looking to get a mini replika now,

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hey, they want to help you - and you simply don't answer the questions? If you need no help, why you posted here?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello loqv75,

As already mentioned in former posts, we have a high quality control at Laco and no watch will be send out without an optical control to make sure, there are no dust deposits, lints or fingerprints in or at the watch.
Can you please tell us where you bought the watch and if you bought is as new watch or as used one?
The watch has never been opened but for a battery change, the watch has never been dismantled, I've got it from a friend.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey, they want to help you - and you simply don't answer the questions? If you need no help, why you posted here?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Why? Because I'm free to do so and because it is the second time I've got issues with laco watches I owned two laco, the first one I had was a nightmare (bought from page and cooper UK) gaining +90sec a day, scratched all over and a long battle to have my money back! I emailed Laco here on the November 17th, 2016 to inform them about this experience (I wanted to transfer all the emails between me and P&C to them) but apparently Laco did not want to help and just ignored me!

·
Registered
458 Posts
So you bought a scratched watch from P&C and you blame Laco?
And now you "got" a used watch from a friend with unknown history and you blame Laco again?

Maybe you should rather buy a watch directly from them...i don't know...just a thought.

And then, when Laco still tries to help you...you ignore them by your free will? Hm...

Reactions: poison and higginsd

·
Moderator at Large
53,216 Posts
The watch has never been opened but for a battery change, the watch has never been dismantled, I've got it from a friend.
Why did you buy this discontinued, at least three years old Laco in the first place ? Didn‘t you notice what you call the „personal touch“ ? With this flaw I would not have pulled the trigger.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So you bought a scratched watch from P&C and you blame Laco?
And now you "got" a used watch from a friend with unknown history and you blame Laco again?

Maybe you should rather buy a watch directly from them...i don't know...just a thought.

And then, when Laco still tries to help you...you ignore them by your free will? Hm...
Yes I blame Laco for their lack of support and I blame them to do business with such funny people (P&C), and no the history of my used Laco is well known, no fingers touch the crystal. You all can try to put the blame on me it doesn't matter, If you don't know what's happened just keep silent, QC mistakes happening even with Rolex that's it, Laco is not exception.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Why did you buy this discontinued, at least three years old Laco in the first place ? Didn‘t you notice what you call the „personal touch“ ? With this flaw I would not have pulled the trigger.
I'm free to buy what I want I'm a free man what about you?

·
Registered
458 Posts
QC mistakes happening even with Rolex that's it, Laco is not exception.
So what is the problem again? Laco is offering you support right now, but you don't want it. So be free somewhere else and stop whining.

·
Premium Member
20,242 Posts
To be honest @loqv75, your approach is not following the right order of things.

Let’s think about your car. If you bought a car from a car dealership, who do you bring it to during the warranty period? Is it back to the same car dealership or do you contact the factory? Most people’s answer would be the same car dealership.

So, if you bought from Page & Cooper, you need to ask P&C to resolve your issue. Likewise, you bought the second watch from your friend, please ask him to resolve it.

In both cases, the issues could have been caused by the intermediaries (P&C or friend) and it is unfair to put it on the factory. In the case of your first watch having scratches and all, it is a known fact that some of the watches sold by P&C are display pieces and people try them on. There was a news about them being in financial difficulty as well so I am not sure if you bought old stock that had been on display?

In retail sales, the seller - e.g. P&C makes money off you and their profit includes providing you the after sales service and warranty claims. The factory sells the watch to the AD at a heavily discounted price which allows the AD to sell it at MSRP. Hence why you should always go back to your seller.

I just think that you directed your frustration the wrong way. I have bought two watches direct from Laco and have had no issues. Once, I needed some help on my second watch and emailed Laco and they were very helpful and got me the answers within two days. I certainly wasn’t ignored.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts